Main Outcome Measures
List of abbreviations:ARAT (Action Research Arm Test), ICF (International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health), FAT (Frenchay Arm Test), MCS (mental component summary), MHQ (Michigan Hand Outcomes Questionnaire), MI (Motricity Index), NHPT (Nine Hole Peg Test), PCS (physical component summary), SF-36 (Medical Outcomes Study 36-Item Short-Form Health Survey)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
World Health Organization. Cardiovascular diseases. Available at: http://www.who.int/cardiovascular_diseases/en. Accessed October 22, 2015.
- Recovery of upper extremity function in stroke patients: the Copenhagen Stroke Study.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 1994; 75: 394-398
- Probability of regaining dexterity in the flaccid upper limb: impact of severity of paresis and time since onset in acute stroke.Stroke. 2003; 34: 2181-2186
- ICF core sets for stroke.J Rehabil Med. 2004; 44: 135-141
- Adult norms for Nine Hole Peg Test of finger dexterity.Occup Ther J Res. 1985; 5: 24-38
- Arm function after stroke: measurement and recovery over the first three months.J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatr. 1987; 50: 714-719
- A performance test for assessment of upper limb function in physical rehabilitation treatment and research.Int J Rehabil Res. 1981; 4: 483-492
- Match and mismatch between objective and subjective improvements in upper limb function after stroke.Disabil Rehabil. 2013; 35: 1961-1967
- Evaluation of functional outcome measures for the hemiparetic upper limb: a systematic review.J Rehabil Med. 2008; 40: 787-795
- Valid and reliable instruments for arm-hand assessment at ICF activity level in persons with hemiplegia: a systematic review.BMC Neurol. 2012; 12: 21
- The stroke impact scale version 2.0. Evaluation of reliability, validity, and sensitivity to change.Stroke. 1999; 30: 2131-2140
- ABILHAND: a Rasch-built measure of manual ability.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 1998; 79: 1038-1042
- Reliability and validity testing of the Michigan Hand Outcomes Questionnaire.J Hand Surg Am. 1998; 23: 575-587
- The Michigan Hand Outcomes Questionnaire after 15 years of field trial.Plast Reconstr Surg. 2013; 131: 779e-787e
- Responsiveness of the Michigan Hand Outcomes Questionnaire and the Disabilities of the Arm, Shoulder, and Hand questionnaire in patients with hand injury.J Hand Surg Am. 2010; 35: 430-436
- Responsiveness of the Michigan Hand Outcomes Questionnaire and physical measurements in outcome studies of distal radius fracture treatment.J Hand Surg Am. 2007; 32: 84-90
- Measuring wrist and hand function: common scales and checklists.Injury. 2011; 42: 253-258
- Contribution of functional parameters to patient-rated outcomes after surgical treatment of distal radius fractures.J Hand Surg Am. 2014; 39: 436-442
- Carpal tunnel release in diabetic and non-diabetic patients.Arch Bone Jt Surg. 2013; 1: 23-27
- Measuring spasticity and fine motor control (pinch) change in the hand after botulinum toxin-A injection using dynamic computerized hand dynamometry.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2014; 95: 2402-2409
- World Medical Association Declaration of Helsinki: ethical principles for medical research involving human subjects.JAMA. 2013; 310: 2191-2194
Dutch Society of Neurology. Stroke: diagnostics, therapy and care after stroke [Dutch]. Available at: http://www.diliguide.nl/document/230/beroerte-diagnostiek-behandelingen-zorg-voor-patienten-met-een-beroerte.html. Accessed October 22, 2015.
University of Michigan. The Michigan Hand Outcomes Questionnaire (MHQ). Available at: http://mhq.lab.medicine.umich.edu/. Accessed October 22, 2015.
- Responsiveness of the Michigan Hand Outcomes Questionnaire—Dutch language version in patients with rheumatoid arthritis.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2008; 89: 1121-1126
- The Barthel ADL Index: a reliability study.Int Disabil Stud. 1988; 10: 61-63
- Translation, validation, and norming of the Dutch language version of the SF-36 Health Survey in community and chronic disease populations.J Clin Epidemiol. 1998; 51: 1055-1068
- Assessing motor impairment after stroke: a pilot reliability study.J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 1990; 53: 576-579
- Quality criteria were proposed for measurement properties of health status questionnaires.J Clin Epidemiol. 2007; 60: 34-42
- Validity and responsiveness of the Michigan Hand Questionnaire in patients with rheumatoid arthritis: a multicenter, international study.Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken). 2010; 62: 1569-1577
- Comparing the AUSCAN Osteoarthritis Hand Index, Michigan Hand Outcomes Questionnaire, and Sequential Occupational Dexterity Assessment for patients with rheumatoid arthritis.J Rheumatol. 2004; 31: 1996-2001
- Psychometric comparisons of 4 measures for assessing upper-extremity function in people with stroke.Phys Ther. 2009; 89: 840-850
- The minimal clinically important difference of the Michigan hand outcomes questionnaire.J Hand Surg Am. 2009; 34: 509-514