Main Outcome Measures
List of abbreviations:ANCOVA (analysis of covariance), NRS (numeric rating scale), USPRS (Ultrasound Shoulder Pathology Rating Scale), VAS (visual analog scale)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Prevalence and risk factors of a rotator cuff tear in the general population.J Shoulder Elbow Surg. 2010; 19: 116-120
WorkSafeBC Statistical Services Department. Available at: www.worksafebc.com. Accessed March 1, 2009.
- Chronic shoulder pain: part I. Evaluation and diagnosis.Am Fam Physician. 2008; 77: 453-460
- Common overuse tendon problems: a review and recommendations for treatment.Am Fam Physician. 2005; 72: 811-818
- The evaluation and treatment of rotator cuff pathology.Prim Care. 2013; 40 (viii): 889-910
- Results of non-operative management of full-thickness tears of the rotator cuff.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 1993; 294: 103-110
- Nonoperative treatment of rotator cuff tears.Clinical Orthop Relat Res. 1995; 321: 178-188
- Hyperosmolar dextrose injection for recalcitrant Osgood-Schlatter disease.Pediatrics. 2011; 128: e1121-e1128
- Hypertonic dextrose and morrhuate sodium injections (prolotherapy) for lateral epicondylosis (tennis elbow): results of a single-blind, pilot-level, randomized controlled trial.Am J Phys Med Rehabil. 2013; 92: 587-596
- The efficacy of prolotherapy for lateral epicondylosis: a pilot study.Clin J Sport Med. 2008; 18: 248-254
- Regenerative injection of elite athletes with career-altering chronic groin pain who fail conservative treatment: a consecutive case series.Am J Phys Med Rehabil. 2008; 87: 890-902
- Sonographically guided intratendinous injection of hyperosmolar dextrose to treat chronic tendinosis of the Achilles tendon: a pilot study.AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2007; 189: W215-W220
- Favorable outcomes after sonographically guided intratendinous injection of hyperosmolar dextrose for chronic insertional and midportion Achilles tendinosis.AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2010; 194: 1047-1053
- Ultrasound-guided injections of hyperosmolar dextrose for overuse patellar tendinopathy: a pilot study.Br J Sports Med. 2011; 45: 972-977
- Shoulder ultrasound abnormalities, physical examination findings, and pain in manual wheelchair users with spinal cord injury.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2008; 89: 2086-2093
- Minimal clinically important differences (MCID) and patient acceptable symptomatic state (PASS) for visual analog scales (VAS) measuring pain in patients treated for rotator cuff disease.J Shoulder Elbow Surg. 2009; 18: 927-932
- Prolotherapy injections and eccentric loading exercises for painful Achilles tendinosis: a randomised trial.Br J Sports Med. 2011; 45: 421-428
- Efficacy and safety of corticosteroid injections and other injections for management of tendinopathy: a systematic review of randomised controlled trials.Lancet. 2010; 376: 1751-1767
- Tendinopathy treatment: where is the evidence?.Clin Sports Med. 2012; 31: 329-350
- Evidence-based regenerative injection therapy (prolotherapy) in sports medicine.in: Seidelberg P.H. Beutler P.L. The sports medicine resource manual. Saunders, Philadelphia2008: 611-619
- GLUT1 regulation of the pro-sclerotic mediators of diabetic nephropathy.Am J Nephrol. 2013; 38: 39-49
- Gene expression of pro-inflammatory cytokines and neuropeptides in diabetic wound healing.J Surg Res. 2011; 167: 336-342
- Effects of multiple injections of hypertonic dextrose in the rabbit carpal tunnel: a potential model of carpal tunnel syndrome development.Hand (N Y). 2014; 9: 52-57
- The effects of hypertonic dextrose injection on connective tissue and nerve conduction through the rabbit carpal tunnel.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2009; 90: 333-339
- Long term effects of dextrose prolotherapy for anterior cruciate ligament laxity: a prospective and consecutive patient study.Altern Ther Health Med. 2003; 9: 58-62
- Analgesic effect of caudal 5% dextrose in water in chronic low back pain [abstract].Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2015; 96: e103
- Topical mannitol reduces capsaicin-induced pain: results of a pilot level, double-blind randomized controlled trial.PM R. 2015; 7: 1111-1117
- Studies comparing numerical rating scales, verbal rating scales, and visual analogue scales for assessment of pain intensity in adults: a systematic literature review.J Pain Symptom Manage. 2011; 41: 1073-1093
- Comparison of a verbal numeric rating scale with the visual analogue scale for the measurement of acute pain.Emerg Med (Fremantle). 2003; 15: 441-446
Supported by WorkSafeBC (Workers' Compensation Board of British Columbia; grant no. RS2010-OG07). The funding source has no involvement in conduct of the research or preparation of the article.
Clinical Trial Registration No.: NCT01402011.