Main Outcome Measures
List of abbreviations:Mitii (Move It To Improve It), VR (vestibular rehabilitation)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Vertigo: a review of common peripheral and central vestibular disorders.Ochsner J. 2009; 9: 20-26
- Persistent dizziness in geriatric patients.J Am Geriatr Soc. 1989; 37: 1031-1038
- Dizziness in a community elderly population.J Am Geriatr Soc. 1989; 37: 101-108
- Disorders of balance and vestibular function in US adults: data from the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey, 2001-2004.Arch Intern Med. 2009; 169: 938-944
- Interventions for preventing falls in older people living in the community.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2012; 9: CD007146
- Interventions for preventing falls in older people in care facilities and hospitals.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2012; 12: CD005465
- Risk factors for falls as a cause of hip fracture in women. The Northeast Hip Fracture Study Group.N Engl J Med. 1991; 324: 1326-1331
- Falls and vestibular impairment.Clin Otolaryngol Allied Sci. 2004; 29: 179-182
- Vestibular rehabilitation of older adults with dizziness.Otolaryngol Clin North Am. 2011; 44 (x): 473-496
- Management of vestibular disorders.J Neurol. 2000; 247: 491-499
- Vestibular rehabilitation for unilateral peripheral vestibular dysfunction.Clin Otolaryngol. 2011; 36: 248-249
- A systematic review about the effects of the vestibular rehabilitation in middle-age and older adults.Rev Bras Fisioter. 2010; 14: 361-371
- Effectiveness of primary care-based vestibular rehabilitation for chronic dizziness.Ann Intern Med. 2004; 141: 598-605
- Vestibular rehabilitation outcomes in the elderly with chronic vestibular dysfunction.Iran Red Crescent Med J. 2012; 14: 705-708
- Vestibular rehabilitation: useful but not universally so.Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2003; 128: 240-250
- Effectiveness of physical activity interventions for older adults: a review.Am J Prev Med. 2002; 22: 120-133
- Exercise adherence following physical therapy intervention in older adults with impaired balance.Phys Ther. 2006; 86: 401-410
- Vestibular rehabilitation therapy: review of indications, mechanisms, and key exercises.J Clin Neurol. 2011; 7: 184-196
- Move it to improve it (Mitii): study protocol of a randomised controlled trial of a novel web-based multimodal training program for children and adolescents with cerebral palsy.BMJ Open. 2013; 3: e002853
- Effects of balance training in elderly people with nonperipheral vertigo and unsteadiness.Clin Rehabil. 2001; 15: 463-470
Mitii Development. Available at: www.mitii.com. Accessed March 31, 2014.
Helena Elsass Center. Available at: www.elsasscenter.dk. Accessed March 31, 2014.
Headfitted. Available at: www.headfitted.dk. Accessed March 31, 2014.
University of Copenhagen. Available at: www.ku.dk. Accessed March 31, 2014.
- Reliability of four simple, quantitative tests of balance and mobility in healthy elderly females.Aging (Milano). 1998; 10: 26-31
- Concurrent validity of the Berg Balance Scale and the Dynamic Gait Index in people with vestibular dysfunction.Physiother Res Int. 2003; 8: 178-186
- The development of the Dizziness Handicap Inventory.Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 1990; 116: 424-427
- A 12-Item Short-Form Health Survey: construction of scales and preliminary tests of reliability and validity.Med Care. 1996; 34: 220-233
- Validity and reliability of the Motion Sensitivity Test.J Rehabil Res Dev. 2003; 40: 415-421
- A 30-s chair-stand test as a measure of lower body strength in community-residing older adults.Res Q Exerc Sport. 1999; 70: 113-119
- Correlates of exercise compliance in physical therapy.Phys Ther. 1993; 73: 771-782
- Game-based telerehabilitation.Eur J Phys Rehabil Med. 2009; 45: 143-151
- Vestibular rehabilitation using the Nintendo(R) Wii Balance Board—a user-friendly alternative for central nervous compensation.Acta Otolaryngol. 2013; 133: 239-245
- Motivating elders to initiate and maintain exercise.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2004; 85: 52-57
- Socio-environmental exercise preferences among older adults.Prev Med. 2004; 38: 804-811
- Virtual rehabilitation–benefits and challenges.Methods Inf Med. 2003; 42: 519-523
Supported by the Danish Health Foundation, Ejnar and Aase Danielsen Foundation, the Association of Danish Physiotherapists, the Department of Clinical Medicine, Aarhus University, and the Helene Elsass Center.
Clinical Trial Registration No.: NCT01344408.