List of abbreviations:CI (confidence interval), DSM (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders), DSM-III (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Third Edition), DSM-III-R (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Revised Third Edition), DSM-IV (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fourth Edition), MDD (major depressive disorder), PHQ-9 (Patient Health Questionnaire-9), RDC (Research Diagnostic Criteria), SCI (spinal cord injury)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Psychiatric evaluation of physical rehabilitation patients.Gen Hosp Psychiatry. 1995; 17: 440-443
- Depression following spinal cord injury.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 1996; 77: 816-823
- Spinal cord injury rehabilitation: state of the science.Am J Phys Med Rehabil. 2006; 85: 310-342
- Symptoms of major depression in people with spinal cord injury: implications for screening.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2004; 85: 1749-1756
- An exploration of modifiable risk factors for depression after spinal cord injury: which factors should we target?.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2012; 93: 775-781
- Structured Clinical Interview for DSM-IV-TR Axis I Disorders, Research Version, Non-Patient Edition (SCID-I/NP).New York State Psychiatric Institute, Biometrics Research, New York2002
- Measuring depression in persons with spinal cord injury: a systematic review.J Spinal Cord Med. 2009; 32 (6-24)
- Statistical methods for meta-analysis.Academic Pr, New York1985 (Available at:)Accessed February 7, 2014)
Lipsey MW, Wilson D. Practical meta-analysis. 2000. Available at: http://www.citeulike.org/group/302/article/7081810. Accessed February 7, 2014.
- Depression in spinal cord injured patients.Spinal Cord. 1981; 19: 284-288
- Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders.3rd ed. American Psychiatric Association, Washington (DC)1980
- Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders.3rd ed., text rev. American Psychiatric Association, Washington (DC)1987
- Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders.4th ed. American Psychiatric Association, Washington (DC)1994
- Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders.4th ed, text rev. American Psychiatric Association, Washington (DC)2000
- Meta-analysis in clinical trials.Control Clin Trials. 1986; 7: 177-188
- R: a language and environment for statistical computing.R Foundation for Statistical Computing, Vienna, Austria2013
- Conducting meta-analyses in R with the metafor package.J Stat Softw. 2010; 36: 1-48
- Enhancing the accuracy of depression diagnosis in patients with spinal cord injury using Bayesian analysis.Rehabil Psychol. 1995; 40: 171
- Dysphoria: a major symptom factor in persons with disability or chronic illness.Psychiatry Res. 1992; 43: 231-241
- Depression and activity patterns of spinal cord injured persons living in the community.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 1987; 68: 339
Smith B. The management of depression in persons with SCI&D: identification of depression, use of antidepressants, and impact on outcomes in SCI&D. 2004. Available at: http://search.proquest.com.ezproxy.memphis.edu/pqdt/docview/305205247/abstract/45244707047B493APQ/1?accountid=14582. Accessed February 7, 2014.
- Prospective longitudinal study of depression following spinal cord injury.J Neuropsychiatry Clin Neurosci. 1994; 6: 237-244
- Psychiatric disorders in patients with spinal cord injuries.Arch Gen Psychiatry. 1981; 38: 1369
Williams RT. Using robust standard errors to combine multiple regression estimates with meta-analysis. 2012. Available at: http://search.proquest.com.ezproxy.memphis.edu/pqdt/docview/1081489864/abstract/D1B2BFB288284CEFPQ/1?accountid=14582. Accessed February 7, 2014.
- Robust variance estimation in meta-regression with dependent effect size estimates.Res Synth Methods. 2010; 1: 39-65
- Robust variance estimation in meta-regression with binary dependent effects.Res Synth Methods. 2013; (Available at:) (Accessed February 8, 2014)
- Small sample adjustments for robust variance estimation with meta-regression.Psychol Methods. 2014 Apr 28; ([Epub ahead of print])
- Depression and adrenal function in spinal cord injury.Am J Psychiatry. 1985; 142: 252-253
- Depression following acute spinal cord injury.Spinal Cord. 1986; 24: 358-363
- Phenomenological comparisons of major depression following stroke, myocardial infarction or spinal cord lesions.J Affect Disord. 1991; 22: 83-89
- Psychiatric consultation in a spinal injuries unit.Aust N Z J Psychiatry. 1992; 26: 218-222
- Comparing two measures of depression in spinal cord injury.Rehabil Psychol. 1993; 38: 53
- Depression following traumatic spinal cord injury.Neuroepidemiology. 2005; 25: 55-61
Reed K. Evaluation of the Quick Inventory of Depressive Symptomatology-Self Report (QIDS-SR) in a spinal cord injury population. 2008. Available at: http://search.proquest.com.ezproxy.memphis.edu/pqdt/docview/304556626/abstract/96A88B89E8BF4E9BPQ/1?accountid=14582. Accessed February 7, 2014.
- Co-occurring medical and mental illness and substance use disorders among veteran clinic users with spinal cord injury patients with complexities.Spinal Cord. 2009; 47: 789-795
- Excess mortality associated with mental illness and substance use disorders among veteran clinic users with spinal cord injury.Disabil Rehabil. 2011; 33: 1608-1615
- Do vascular risk factors contribute to the prevalence of pressure ulcer in veterans with spinal cord injury?.J Spinal Cord Med. 2011; 34: 46
- Association of antidepressant medication therapy with inpatient rehabilitation outcomes for stroke, traumatic brain injury, or traumatic spinal cord injury.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2011; 92: 683-695
- The epidemiology of major depressive disorder: results from the National Comorbidity Survey Replication (NCS-R).JAMA. 2003; 289: 3095-3105
- Prevalence, severity, and comorbidity of 12-month DSM-IV disorders in the National Comorbidity Survey Replication.Arch Gen Psychiatry. 2005; 62: 617-627