Main Outcome Measures
List of abbreviations:HRQOL (health-related quality of life), NEO-FFI (NEO Five Factor Inventory), NEO-PI-R (NEO Personality Inventory-Revised), RCI (Reliable Change Index), SF-36 (Medical Outcomes Study 36-Item Short-Form Health Survey), SO (significant other), TBI (traumatic brain injury)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Personality and behavioural change after severe blunt head injury–a relative's view.J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 1983; 46: 336-344
- The psychiatric sequelae of head injury: a review.Psychol Med. 1973; 3: 304-318
- Living with the characterologically altered brain injured patient.J Clin Psychiatry. 1978; 39: 592-598
- Personality disturbances associated with traumatic brain injury.J Consult Clin Psychol. 1992; 60: 360-368
- Personality changes in brain injury.J Neuropsychiatry Clin Neurosci. 2011; 23: E14
- Stability of normal personality traits after traumatic brain injury.J Head Trauma Rehabil. 1998; 13: 1-14
- Impact of pre-injury factors on outcome after severe traumatic brain injury: does post-traumatic personality change represent an exacerbation of premorbid traits?.Neuropsychol Rehabil. 2003; 13: 43-64
- Predictors of caregiver and family functioning following traumatic brain injury: social support moderates caregiver distress.J Head Trauma Rehabil. 2002; 17: 155-174
- The five year outcome of severe blunt head injury: a relative's view.J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 1986; 49: 764-770
- Neurobehavioral symptoms and family functioning in traumatically brain-injured adults.Arch Clin Neuropsychol. 1998; 13: 695-711
- Long-term adjustment of families following traumatic brain injury where comprehensive rehabilitation has been provided.Brain Inj. 2003; 17: 453-468
- Predictors of informal care burden 1 year after a severe traumatic brain injury: results from the PariS-TBI study.J Head Trauma Rehabil. 2013; 28: 408-418
- Acquired brain injury and dementia: a comparison of carer experiences.Brain Inj. 2009; 23: 433-444
- Life satisfaction and distress in family caregivers as related to specific behavioural changes after traumatic brain injury.Brain Inj. 2005; 19: 1105-1115
Norup A, Snipes D, Siert L, Mortensen EL, Perrin P, Arango-Lasprilla JC. Longitudinal trajectories of health related quality of life in Danish family members of individuals with severe brain injury. Australian Journal of Rehabilitation Counselling 2013;19:71-83.
- NEO PI-R/NEO-FFI manual supplement.Psychological Assessment Resources, Odessa1989
Skovdahl Hansen H, Mortensen EL. Dokumentation for den danske udgave af NEO PI-R og NEO PI-R Kort Version. In: Costa PT, McCrae RR, editors. NEO PI-R. Manual - klinisk [Danish]. København: Psykologisk Forlag A/S; 2004. p 53-86.
- Universal features of personality traits from the observer's perspective: data from 50 cultures.J Pers Soc Psychol. 2005; 88: 547-561
Derogatis LR. [SCL-90-R manual] [Danish]. Virum: Dansk Psykologisk Forlag; 2006.
- Mental distress in the Danish general population.Acta Psychiatr Scand. 2006; 113: 477-484
- Danish manual for SF-36. A health-related questionnaire [Danish].Medif, Copenhagen1997
- Clinical significance: a statistical approach to defining meaningful change in psychotherapy research.J Consult Clin Psychol. 1991; 59: 12-19
- Organic psychiatry.3rd ed. Blackwell, Oxford1997
- Salutary change after frontal brain trauma.Ann Clin Psychiatry. 1997; 9: 27-30
- The orbitomedial frontal syndrome.Arch Clin Neuropsychol. 1993; 8: 185-201
Norup A. Severe brain injury: impact on family members in the early phases of rehabilitation [dissertation]. Copenhagen (Denmark): University of Copenhagen; 2013.
- Personality in adulthood.Guilford Pr, London2003