Main Outcome Measures
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Control of lateral balance in walking: experimental findings in normal subjects and above-knee amputees.Gait Posture. 2007; 25: 250-258
- Control of whole body balance in the frontal plane during human walking.J Biomech. 1993; 26: 633-644
- Joint torque and energy patterns in normal gait.Biol Cybern. 1978; 29: 137-142
- Three-dimensional motions of trunk and pelvis during transfemoral amputee gait.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2008; 89: 87-94
- Prosthetic gait of unilateral transfemoral amputees: a kinematic study.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 1995; 76: 736-743
- Mechanical energy generation, absorption, and transfer amongst segments during walking.J Biomech. 1980; 13: 845-854
- Three-dimensional joint reaction forces and moments at the low back during over-ground walking in persons with unilateral lower-extremity amputation.Clin Biomech. 2014; 29: 235-242
- Kinetic analysis of the lower limbs during walking: what information can be gained from a three-dimensional model?.J Biomech. 1995; 28: 753-758
- Implications of increased medio-lateral trunk sway for ambulatory mechanics.J Biomech. 2008; 41: 165-170
- Knee and hip internal moments and upper-body kinematics in the frontal plane in unilateral transtibial amputees.Gait Posture. 2013; 37: 436-439
- A preliminary investigation of pelvic obliquity patterns during gait in persons with transtibial and transfemoral amputation.J Rehabili Res Dev. 2000; 37: 1-10
- Transfemoral amputations: the effect of residual limb length and orientation on gait analysis outcome measures.J Bone Joint Surg. 2013; 95: 408-414
- Biomechanics and muscle coordination of human walking, part I: introduction to concepts, power transfer, dynamics and simulations.Gait Posture. 2002; 16: 215-232
- The influence of trunk muscle coactivity on dynamic spinal loads.Spine. 1995; 20: 913-919
- Feasibility of a gait retraining strategy for reducing knee joint loading: increased trunk lean guided by real-time biofeedback.J Biomech. 2011; 44: 943-947
- Integrated electromyogram and oxygen uptake during positive and negative work.J Physiol. 1976; 260: 267-277
Supported by the Center for Rehabilitation Sciences Research, Department of Defense, Defense Health Program (grant no. NF90UG). The views expressed in this article do not necessarily reflect the official policy of the Departments of the Army, Navy, and Defense, nor the U.S. government.