List of abbreviations:DRG (diagnosis-related group), PAC (postacute care)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Medicare Payment Advisory Commission. Medicare post-acute care reforms. 2013. Available at: http://www.medpac.gov/documents/20130614_WandM_Testimony_PAC.pdf. Accessed April 18, 2014.
- Geographic variation in Medicare services.N Engl J Med. 2013; 368: 1465-1468
- Large increases in spending on postacute care in Medicare point to the potential for cost savings in these settings.Health Aff (Millwood). 2013; 32: 864-872
- The hospital built environment: what role might funders of health services research play?.Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, Rockville2005
- Loss of independence in activities of daily living in older adults hospitalized with medical illnesses: increased vulnerability with age.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2003; 51: 451-458
- Impact of early mobilization protocol on the medical-surgical inpatient population: an integrated review of literature.Clin Nurse Spec. 2012; 26: 87-94
- The effect of exercise on outcomes for older acute medical inpatients compared with control or alternative treatments: a systematic review of randomized controlled trials.Clin Rehabil. 2007; 21: 3-16
- Physiotherapy in intensive care: an updated systematic review.Chest. 2013; 144: 825-847
Hospital acute inpatient services payment system. 2009. Available at: http://www.medpac.gov/documents/medpAc_payment_Basics_09_hospital.pdf. Accessed July 14, 2014.
- ICU early mobilization: from recommendation to implementation at three medical centers.Crit Care Med. 2013; 41: S69-80
- Association of impaired functional status at hospital discharge and subsequent rehospitalization.J Hosp Med. 2014; 9: 277-282
Gage B, Constantine R, Aggarwal J, et al. The development and testing of the Continuity Assessment Record and Evaluation (CARE) Item Set: final report on the development of the CARE Item Set. Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, Office of Clinical Standards and Quality, 2012. Available at: http://www.cms.gov/Medicare/Quality-Initiatives-Patient-Assessment-Instruments/Post-Acute-Care-Quality-Initiatives/Downloads/The-Development-and-Testing-of-the-Continuity-Assessment-Record-and-Evaluation-CARE-Item-Set-Final-Report-on-the-Development-of-the-CARE-Item-Set-Volume-1-of-3.pdf. Accessed July 14, 2014.