Main Outcome Measures
List of abbreviations:CIM (Community Integration Measure), DRS (Disability Rating Scale), GCS (Glasgow Coma Scale), MCIRS (Modified Cumulative Illness Rating Scale), PANAS (Positive and Negative Affect Schedule), PANAS-NA (PANAS-Negative Affectivity), PANAS-PA (PANAS-Positive Affectivity), SWLS (Satisfaction With Life Scale), TBI (traumatic brain injury), VIA–IS (Values in Action Inventory of Strengths), WTAR (Wechsler Test of Adult Reading)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- What (and why) is positive psychology?.Rev Gen Psychol. 2005; 9: 103-110
- Shared virtue: the convergence of valued human strengths across culture and history.Rev Gen Psychol. 2005; 9: 203-213
- Beyond the hedonic treadmill: revising the adaptation theory of well-being.Am Psychol. 2006; 61: 305-314
- Positive psychology. An introduction.Am Psychol. 2000; 55: 5-14
- Positive psychotherapy.Am Psychol. 2006; 61: 774-788
- Psychological well-being and ill-being: do they have distinct or mirrored biological correlates?.Psychother Psychosom. 2006; 75: 85-95
- Character strengths and virtues: a handbook and classification.Oxford Univ Pr, New York2004
- Positive psychology progress: empirical validation of interventions.Am Psychol. 2005; 60: 410-421
Costa PT Jr, McCrae RR. Revised NEO Personality Inventory (NEO-PI-R) and NEO Five-Factor Inventory (NEO-FFI) manual. Odessa, FL: Psychological Assessment Resources; 1992.
- Strengths of character and posttraumatic growth.J Trauma Stress. 2008; 21: 214-217
- Greater strengths of character and recovery from illness.J Posit Psychol. 2006; 1: 17-26
- Strengths of character and well-being.J Soc Clin Psychol. 2004; 23: 603-619
Peterson C. Positive psychology. Paper presented at: Michigan Psychological Association; March 31, 2006; Livonia, MI.
- Magnetic-resonance-imaging and computerized-tomography in relation to the neurobehavioral sequelae of mild and moderate head-injuries.J Neurosurg. 1987; 66: 706-713
- Neuropsychologic and functional outcome after complicated mild traumatic brain injury.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2008; 89: 904-911
Holdnack HA. Wechsler Test of Adult Reading: WTAR. San Antonio: The Psychological Corp; 2001.
- Disability Rating-Scale for severe head trauma–coma to community.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 1982; 63: 118-123
- Cumulative illness rating scale.J Am Geriatr Soc. 1968; 16: 622-626
- Comorbidity and rehabilitation.Arch Gerontol Geriatr. 2001; 32: 15-22
- Measuring comorbidity in older cancer patients.Eur J Cancer. 2000; 36: 453-471
- Measurement and impact of comorbidity in older cancer patients.Crit Rev Oncol Hematol. 2000; 35: 181-200
- Comorbid disease in persons with traumatic brain injury: descriptive findings using the Modified Cumulative Illness Rating Scale.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2012; 93: 1338-1342
- Development and validation of brief measures of positive and negative affect: the PANAS scales.J Pers Soc Psychol. 1988; 54: 1063-1070
- Assessing subjective well-being in the old-old.Res Aging. 1992; 14: 131-168
- Cognitive and psychosocial predictors of subjective well-being in urban older adults.Clin Neuropsychol. 2003; 17: 3-18
- The affective and cognitive context of self-reported measures of subjective well-being.Soc Indic Res. 1993; 28: 1-20
- Effects of family and caregiver psychosocial functioning on outcomes in persons with traumatic brain injury.J Head Trauma Rehabil. 2011; 26: 20-29
- Randomized controlled trial of peer mentoring for individuals with traumatic brain injury and their significant others.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2012; 93: 1297-1304
- The Community Integration Measure: development and preliminary findings.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2001; 82: 429-434
- Community integration: a useful construct, but what does it really mean?.Brain Inj. 2003; 17: 149-159
- Validity of the Orientation Log, relative to the Galveston Orientation and Amnesia Test.J Head Trauma Rehabil. 2000; 15: 957-961
- Data analysis in social psychology.in: Fiske S.T. Gilbert D.T. The handbook of social psychology, vol. 1. 4th ed. McGraw Hill, New York1998: 233-265
- Enhancing well-being and alleviating depressive symptoms with positive psychology interventions: a practice-friendly meta-analysis.J Clin Psychol. 2009; 65: 467-487
- A randomized controlled trial of positive-affect induction to promote physical activity after percutaneous coronary intervention.Arch Intern Med. 2012; 172: 329-336
- A randomized controlled trial of positive-affect intervention and medication adherence in hypertensive African Americans.Arch Intern Med. 2012; 172: 322-326
Supported by the U.S. Department of Education-National Institute on Disability and Rehabilitation Research–The Field Initiated Project (grant no. H133G080064).