List of abbreviations:BI (brain injury), CDE (Common Data Elements), DRS (Disability Rating Scale), GOS (Glasgow Outcome Scale), GOSE (Glasgow Outcome Scale–Extended), SES (socioeconomic status), TBIMS (Traumatic Brain Injury Model Systems)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Structured interviews for the Glasgow Outcome Scale and the extended Glasgow Outcome Scale: guidelines for their use.J Neurotrauma. 1998; 15: 573-585
- Disability Rating Scale for severe head trauma: coma to community.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 1982; 63: 118-123
- Glasgow Outcome Scale and Disability Rating Scale: comparative usefulness in following recovery in traumatic head injury.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 1985; 66: 35
- Assessing traumatic brain injury outcome measures for long-term follow-up of community-based individuals.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2001; 82: 367-374
- Characteristics and comparisons of functional assessment indices: Disability Rating Scale, Functional Independence Measure, and Functional Assessment Measure.J Head Trauma Rehabil. 1993; 8: 60-74
- International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health: ICF.World Health Organization, Geneva2001
- The Satisfaction With Life Scale.J Pers Assess. 1985; 49: 71-75
- Conventional wisdom on measurement: a structural equation perspective.Psychol Bull. 1991; 110: 305-314
- Latent factors in measures of rehabilitation outcomes after traumatic brain injury.J Head Trauma Rehabil. 2004; 19: 445-458
- The challenges of fitting an item response theory model to the Social Anhedonia Scale.J Pers Assess. 2011; 93: 213-224
- The Patient-Reported Outcomes Measurement Information System (PROMIS): progress of an NIH Roadmap cooperative group during its first two years.Med Care. 2007; 45: S3-11
- A critical review of construct indicators and measurement model misspecification in marketing and consumer research.J Consum Res. 2003; 30: 199-218
- Reconsidering formative measurement.Psychol Methods. 2007; 12: 205-218
- The concept of validity.Psychol Rev. 2004; 111: 1061-1071
- How robust are hospital ranks based on composite performance measures?.Med Care. 2005; 43: 1177-1184
- The fallacy of formative measurement.Organ Res Methods. 2011; 14: 370-388
Supported by a Department of Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration, Rehabilitation Research and Development Career Development Award to Kean (award no. CDA IK2RX000879), and by the Health Services Research and Development Service (grant no. CIN 13-416 ). The views expressed in this article are those of the authors and do not necessarily represent the views of the Department of Veterans Affairs.