Main Outcome Measures
List of abbreviations:CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention), ICD-9 (International Classification of Diseases, Ninth Revision), SID (State Inpatient Database), TBI (traumatic brain injury)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Surveillance for traumatic brain injury-related deaths—United States, 1997-2007.MMWR Surveill Summ. 2011; 60: 1-32
- Factors influencing admission among children with a traumatic brain injury.Acad Emerg Med. 2002; 9: 684-693
- The effect of delay in rehabilitation on outcome of severe traumatic brain injury.J Pediatr Surg. 2009; 44: 368-372
- Health care utilization and needs after pediatric traumatic brain injury.Pediatrics. 2006; 117: e663-e674
- National variation in outcomes and costs for splenic injury and the impact of trauma systems: a population-based cohort study.Ann Surg. 2012; 255: 165-170
- Variation in practice patterns and resource utilization surrounding management of intussusception at freestanding children's hospitals.J Pediatr Surg. 2013; 48: 104-110
- Practice variation in the surgical management of urinary lithiasis.J Urol. 2011; 186: 146-150
- Insurance status and admission to hospital for head injuries: are we part of a two-tiered medical system?.Am J Emerg Med. 2001; 19: 19-24
- Black children experience worse clinical and functional outcomes after traumatic brain injury: an analysis of the National Pediatric Trauma Registry.J Trauma. 2007; 62 (discussion 1262-3): 1259-1262
- Acutely injured patients with trauma in Massachusetts: differences in care and mortality, by insurance status.Am J Public Health. 1994; 84: 1605-1608
- Gender and age effects on outcome after pediatric traumatic brain injury.Pediatr Crit Care Med. 2004; 5: 145-151
- Predicting work-related disability and medical cost outcomes: a comparison of injury severity scoring methods.Injury. 2014; 45: 16-22
Clark DE, Osler TM, Hahn DR. ICDPIC: Stata module to provide methods for translating International Classification of Diseases (Ninth Revision) diagnosis codes into standard injury categories and/or scores. Available at: http://ideas.repec.org/c/boc/bocode/s457028.html. Accessed October 1, 2012.
- A modified Poisson regression approach to prospective studies with binary data.Am J Epidemiol. 2004; 159: 702-706
- The relative merits of risk ratios and odds ratios.Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 2009; 163: 438-445
Current affiliation for Greene, Duke University School of Medicine, Durham, NC.
Supported by the University of Washington Department of Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine.
No commercial party having a direct financial interest in the results of the research supporting this article has conferred or will confer a benefit on the authors or on any organization with which the authors are associated.