Main Outcome Measures
List of abbreviations:ANOVA (analysis of variance), FM (Fugl-Meyer), rTMS (repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation), 6MWT (6-minute walk test), 10MWT (10-m walk test)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Non-invasive brain stimulation: a new strategy to improve neurorehabilitation after stroke?.Lancet Neurol. 2006; 5: 708-712
- Brain stimulation in poststroke rehabilitation.Cerebrovasc Dis. 2007; 24: 157-166
- Using non-invasive brain stimulation to augment motor training-induced plasticity.J Neuroeng Rehabil. 2009; 6: 8
- Similar motor recovery of upper and lower extremities after stroke.Stroke. 1994; 25: 1181-1188
- Premotor cortex is involved in restoration of gait in stroke.Ann Neurol. 2002; 52: 188-194
- Interhemispheric competition after stroke: brain stimulation to enhance recovery of function of the affected hand.Neurorehabil Neural Repair. 2009; 23: 641-656
- Longitudinal optical imaging study for locomotor recovery after stroke.Stroke. 2003; 34: 2866-2870
- rTMS combined with task-oriented training to improve symmetry of interhemispheric corticomotor excitability and gait performance after stroke: a randomized trial.Neurorehabil Neural Repair. 2012; 26: 222-230
- Stages of motor output reorganization after hemispheric stroke suggested by longitudinal studies of cortical physiology.Cereb Cortex. 2008; 18: 1909-1922
- Bilateral hemispheric control of foot distal movements: evidence from normal subjects.Cortex. 1991; 27: 571-581
- High-frequency rTMS using a double cone coil for gait disturbance.Acta Neurol Scand. 2013; 128: 100-106
- A coil design for transcranial magnetic stimulation of deep brain regions.J Clin Neurophysiol. 2002; 19: 361-370
- Transcranial magnetic stimulation of deep brain regions: evidence for efficacy of the H-coil.Clin Neurophysiol. 2005; 116: 775-779
- Motor cortex activation by H-coil and figure-8 coil at different depths. Combined motor threshold and electric field distribution study.Clin Neurophysiol. 2014; 125: 336-343
- H-coil repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation for pain relief in patients with diabetic neuropathy.Eur J Pain. 2013; 17: 1347-1356
Harel EV, Rabany L, Deutsch L, Bloch Y, Zangen A, Levkovitz Y. H-coil repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation for treatment resistant major depressive disorder: an 18-week continuation safety and feasibility study. World J Biol Psychiatry. 2012 Feb 7. [Epub ahead of print].
- H-coil repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation for the treatment of bipolar depression: an add-on, safety and feasibility study.World J Biol Psychiatry. 2011; 12: 119-126
- Safety, ethical considerations, and application guidelines for the use of transcranial magnetic stimulation in clinical practice and research.Clin Neurophysiol. 2009; 120: 2008-2039
- The post-stroke hemiplegic patient. 1. A method for evaluation of physical performance.Scand J Rehabil Med. 1975; 7: 13-31
- ATS statement: guidelines for the six-minute walk test.Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2002; 166: 111-117
- High-frequency rTMS applied over bilateral leg motor areas combined with mobility training for gait disturbance after stroke: a preliminary study.Brain Inj. 2013; 27: 1080-1086
- Differential effects of high-frequency repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation over ipsilesional primary motor cortex in cortical and subcortical middle cerebral artery stroke.Ann Neurol. 2009; 66: 298-309
- Responses to rapid-rate transcranial magnetic stimulation of the human motor cortex.Brain. 1994; 117: 847-858
- Depression of motor cortex excitability by low-frequency transcranial magnetic stimulation.Neurology. 1997; 48: 1398-1403
- Task-oriented progressive resistance strength training improves muscle strength and functional performance in individuals with stroke.Clin Rehabil. 2006; 20: 860-870
- Mapping early changes of cortical motor output after subcortical stroke: a transcranial magnetic stimulation study.Brain Stimul. 2013; 6: 322-329
- Reorganization of motor output in the non-affected hemisphere after stroke.Brain. 1997; 120: 1579-1586
- The role of multiple contralesional motor areas for complex hand movements after internal capsular lesion.J Neurosci. 2006; 26: 6096-6102
- Human corticospinal excitability evaluated with transcranial magnetic stimulation during different reaction time paradigms.Brain. 2000; 123: 1161-1173
- Modulation of interhemispheric inhibition by volitional motor activity: an ipsilateral silent period study.J Physiol. 2009; 587: 5393-5410
- Lateralization of brain activity during lower limb joints movement. An fMRI study.Neuroimage. 2006; 32: 1709-1721
- Corticomotor plasticity following unilateral strength training.Muscle Nerve. 2012; 46: 384-393
Supported through the joint Italian-Israeli laboratory on brain modulation in neuroimmune, neurodegenerative, and mental disorders (Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs).
No commercial party having a direct financial interest in the results of the research supporting this article has conferred or will confer a benefit on the authors or on any organization with which the authors are associated (Chieffo, De Prezzo, Houdayer, Nuara, Di Maggio, Coppi, Ferrari, Straffi, Spagnolo, Velikova, Sessa, Comola, Comi, Leocani).
A commercial party having a direct financial interest in the results of the research supporting this article has conferred or will confer a financial benefit on the author or one or more of the authors. Zangen is a key inventor of deep TMS H-coils and has financial interest in Brainsway Ltd.