Main Outcome Measure
List of abbreviations:AIC (Akaike information criterion), ANOVA (analysis of variance), BMI (body mass index), HDL (high-density lipoprotein), LCGMM (latent class growth (mixture) model), LDL (low-density lipoprotein), SCI (spinal cord injury)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Energy expenditure in chronic spinal cord injury.Curr Opin Clin Nutr Metab Care. 2004; 7: 635-639
- A prospective study on physical activity levels after spinal cord injury during inpatient rehabilitation and the year after discharge.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2008; 89: 2094-2101
- Greater daily leisure time physical activity is associated with lower chronic disease risk in adults with spinal cord injury.Appl Physiol Nutr Metab. 2009; 34: 640-647
- Prospective analysis of lipid profiles in persons with a spinal cord injury during and 1 year after inpatient rehabilitation.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2008; 89: 531-537
- Obesity and cardiovascular disease.Curr Opin Cardiol. 1996; 11: 490-495
- Is obesity a risk factor for deep tissue injury in patients with spinal cord injury?.J Biomech. 2008; 41: 3322-3331
- Wheelchair pushrim kinetics: body weight and median nerve function.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 1999; 80: 910-915
- Upper extremity musculoskeletal pain during and after rehabilitation in wheelchair-using persons with a spinal cord injury.Spinal Cord. 2006; 44: 152-159
- Active LifestyLe Rehabilitation interventions in aging spinal cord injury (ALLRISC): a multicentre research program.Disabil Rehabil. 2013; 35: 1097-1103
- Prospective analysis of body mass index during and up to 5 years after discharge from inpatient spinal cord injury rehabilitation.J Rehabil Med. 2010; 42: 922-928
- Weight gain following spinal cord injury: a pilot study.J Spinal Cord Med. 2011; 34: 227-232
- Prevalence of risk factors for cardiovascular disease stratified by body mass index categories in patients with wheelchair-dependent paraplegia after spinal cord injury.J Rehabil Med. 2012; 44: 440-443
- Demographics of the Dutch multicenter prospective cohort study 'Restoration of mobility in spinal cord injury rehabilitation'.Spinal Cord. 2006; 44: 668-675
- Trajectories in the course of life satisfaction after spinal cord injury: identification and predictors.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2011; 92: 207-213
- Lowering body mass index cutoffs better identifies obese persons with spinal cord injury.Spinal Cord. 2009; 47: 757-762
- Estimation of the concentration of low-density lipoprotein cholesterol in plasma, without use of the preparative ultracentrifuge.Clin Chem. 1972; 18: 499-502
- An introduction to latent class growth analysis and growth mixture modeling.Soc Personal Psychol Compass. 2008; 2: 302-317
- Applied longitudinal data analysis: modeling change and event occurrence.1st ed. Oxford Univ Pr, New York2003
- Mplus user's guide.7th ed. Muthén & Muthén, Los Angeles2010
- Deciding on the number of classes in latent class analysis and growth mixture modeling: a Monte Carlo simulation study.Struct Equ Modeling. 2001; 14: 535-569
- Applied longitudinal data analysis for epidemiology. A practical guide.2nd ed. Cambridge Univ Pr, New York2013
- Developmental trajectories of body mass index throughout the life course: an application of latent class growth (mixture) modelling.Longit Life Course Stud. 2011; 2: 319-330
- Longitudinal association between lifestyle and coronary heart disease risk factors among individuals with spinal cord injury.Spinal Cord. 2013; 51: 314-318
Statistics Netherlands. [Health, lifestyle, health care; from 1900] [Dutch]. Available at: http://statline.cbs.nl/StatWeb/publication/?DM=SLNL&PA=03799&D1=267-271&D2=0-17&D3=0&D4=a&VW=T. Accessed August 17, 2013.
- Rehabilitation patients: undernourished and obese?.J Rehabil Med. 2012; 44: 696-701
- Body mass index and the prevalence of hypertension and dyslipidemia.Obes Res. 2000; 8: 605-619
- Assessment of stature in spinal cord injury.J Spinal Cord Med. 1997; 20: 36-42
- Maximum likelihood from incomplete data via the EM algorithm.J R Stat Soc Series B Stat Methodol. 1977; 39: 1-39
- Finite mixture modeling with mixture outcomes using the EM algorithm.Biometrics. 1999; 55: 463-469
Supported by the Dutch Health Research and Development Council, The Netherlands Organization for Health Research and Development Rehabilitation Program (grant nos. 1435.0003 and 1435.0025).
No commercial party having a direct financial interest in the results of the research supporting this article has conferred or will confer a benefit on the authors or on any organization with which the authors are associated.