List of abbreviations:BID (twice a day), 5-HTP (5-hydroxytryptophan), PAM (postanoxic myoclonus), TID (3 times a day)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Practice parameter: prediction of outcome in comatose survivors after cardiopulmonary resuscitation (an evidence-based review): report of the Quality Standards Subcommittee of the American Academy of Neurology.Neurology. 2006; 67: 203-210
- Myoclonus after cardiac arrest: pitfalls in diagnosis and prognosis.Anaesthesia. 2009; 64: 908-911
- The syndrome of intention or action myoclonus as a sequel to hypoxic encephalopathy.Brain. 1963; 86: 111-136
- The clinical spectrum of posthypoxic myoclonus.Mov Disord. 2000; 15: 2-7
- The clinical features and prognosis of chronic posthypoxic myoclonus.Mov Disord. 1997; 12: 216-220
- Lance-Adams syndrome.Ann Rehabil Med. 2011; 35: 939-943
- The metabolic topography of posthypoxic myoclonus.Neurology. 2004; 62: 1879-1881
- Lance-Adams syndrome: a report of two cases.J Zhejiang Univ Sci B. 2007; 8: 715-720
- Post-anoxic myoclonus: a case presentation and review of management in the rehabilitation setting.Brain Inj. 2006; 20: 213-217
- Suppression of posthypoxic and post-encephalitic myoclonus with levetiracetam.Neurology. 2001; 56: 411-412
- A pilot tolerability and efficacy study of levetiracetam in patients with chronic myoclonus.Neurology. 2001; 57: 1112-1114
- HVA and 5-HIAA CSF measurements and 5-HTP trials in some patients with involuntary movements.J Neurol Sci. 1973; 18: 435-441
- Clinical, biochemical and physiological features distinguishing myoclonus responsive to 5-HTP, tryptophan with monoamine oxidase inhibitor, and clonazepam.Brain. 1977; 100: 455-487
- Long-term treatment of myoclonus and other neurologic disorders with L-5-hydroxytryptophan and carbidopa.N Engl J Med. 1977; 296: 70-75
- Serotonin receptors.Chem Rev. 2008; 108: 1614-1641
- Clinical, biochemical, and pharmacological observation in a patient with postasphyxic myoclonus: association to serotonin hyperactivity.Clin Neuropharmacol. 1988; 11: 151-160
- Animal model of posthypoxic myoclonus: effects of serotonergic antagonists.Neurology. 1999; 52: 16-21
No commercial party having a direct financial interest in the results of the research supporting this article has conferred or will confer a benefit on the authors or on any organization with which the authors are associated.