Main Outcome Measures
List of abbreviations:BIC (Bayesian information criterion), BLRT (bootstrapped likelihood ratio test), CI (confidence interval), LCGA (latent class growth analysis), NDI (Neck Disability Index), NRS (numeric rating scale), TSK-11 (Tampa Scale for Kinesiophobia 11-item version)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Risk factors for neck pain: a longitudinal study in the general population.Pain. 2001; 93: 317-325
- Manipulation and mobilisation for mechanical neck disorders.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2004; : CD004249
- A research synthesis of therapeutic interventions for whiplash-associated disorder (WAD): part 4—noninvasive interventions for chronic WAD.Pain Res Manag. 2010; 15: 313-322
- Compensation claim lodgement and health outcome developmental trajectories following whiplash injury: a prospective study.Pain. 2010; 150: 22-28
- The measurement of clinical pain intensity: a comparison of six methods.Pain. 1986; 27: 117-126
- Fear of movement/(re)injury in chronic low back pain and its relation to behavioral performance.Pain. 1995; 62: 363-372
- The Neck Disability Index: a study of reliability and validity.J Manipulative Physiol Ther. 1991; 14: 409-415
- A higher-order analysis supports use of the Tampa Scale for Kinesiophobia 11-item version in people with neck pain.Phys Ther. 2013; 93: 60-68
- The Neck Disability Index: state-of-the-art, 1991-2008.J Manipulative Physiol Ther. 2008; 31: 491-502
- An introduction to latent class growth analysis and growth mixture modeling.Soc Personal Psychol Compass. 2008; 2: 302-317
- Deciding on the number of classes in latent class analysis and growth mixture modeling: a Monte Carlo simulation study.Struct Equ Modeling. 2007; 14: 535-569
- Measurement properties of the Neck Disability Index: a systematic review.J Orthop Sports Phys Ther. 2009; 39: 400-417
- Psychometric properties of the Neck Disability Index and numeric pain rating scale in patients with mechanical neck pain.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2008; 89: 69-74
- Fundamentals of probability, with stochastic processes.3rd ed. Pearson, 2004
Faul F. G*Power v3.1.2. Kiel (Germany): Universitat Kiel; 2009. Available at: http://www.psycho.uni-duesseldorf.de/abteilungen/aap/gpower3/download-and-register. Accessed February 2010.
- The burden and determinants of neck pain in the general population: results of the Bone and Joint Decade 2000-2010 Task Force on Neck Pain and Its Associated Disorders.J Manipulative Physiol Ther. 2009; 32: S46-S60
Supported by the Physiotherapy Foundation of Canada OrthoCanada Award.
No commercial party having a direct financial interest in the results of the research supporting this article has conferred or will confer a benefit on the authors or on any organization with which the authors are associated.