Main Outcome Measures
List of abbreviations:AIS (ASIA Impairment Scale), CI (confidence interval), NSCID (National Spinal Cord Injury Database), OR (odds ratio), PHQ-9 (Patient Health Questionnaire-9), SCI (spinal cord injury)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Spinal cord injury.in: Braddom R.L. Physical medicine & rehabilitation. 4th ed. Saunders Elsevier, Philadelphia2011: 1293-1346
- Exploring the relationship between participation and environmental factors: a look at three studies using the Craig Handicap Assessment and Reporting Technique (CHART) and the Craig Hospital Inventory of Environmental Factors (CHIEF).Craig Hospital, Englewood2004
- Environmental factors and their role in participation and life satisfaction after spinal cord injury.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2004; 85: 1793-1803
- Internet use in the United States: October 2009. U.S. Census Bureau, Washington (DC)2009
- Patterns of Internet use by persons with spinal cord injuries and relationship to health-related quality of life.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2004; 85: 1872-1879
- The use of computers and the Internet as a source of health information for people with disabilities.Rehabil Nurs. 2002; 27: 142-145
- The positive net.Comput Human Behav. 2007; 23: 1033-1045
- The impact of Internet access for people with spinal cord injuries: a descriptive analysis of a pilot study.Disabil Rehabil. 2003; 25: 422-431
- Using the internet and email for health purposes: the impact of health status.Soc Sci Q. 2006; 87: 690-710
- Internet use, abuse, and dependence among students at a southeastern regional university.J Am Coll Health. 2007; 56: 137-144
- Online communication, compulsive Internet use, and psychosocial well-being among adolescents: a longitudinal study.Dev Psychol. 2008; 44: 655-665
- Quality of sleep in individuals with spinal cord injury: a comparison between patients with and without pain.Spinal Cord. 2005; 43: 85-95
- Pharmacological management of neuropathic pain following spinal cord injury.CNS Drugs. 2008; 22: 455-475
- Management of spinal cord injury in general practice - part 2.Aust Fam Physician. 2008; 37 (331-2, 335-8)
- Spasticity after spinal cord injury.Spinal Cord. 2005; 43: 577-586
- The pattern of colorectal dysfunction changes with time since spinal cord injury.Spinal Cord. 2008; 46: 234-238
- Bowel dysfunction following spinal cord injury.Spinal Cord. 2001; 39: 193-203
- Gastric emptying in spinal cord injury patients.Dig Dis Sci. 1999; 44: 1512-1515
- Depression in adults who sustained spinal cord injuries as children or adolescents.J Spinal Cord Med. 2007; 30: S76-S82
National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical Center. The Model Spinal Cord Injury Systems' data collection syllabus for the National Spinal Cord Injury Database. 2010. Available at: https://www.nscisc.uab.edu/PublicDocuments/data_collection_syllabus/Syllabus%202006-2011%20Revised%20B-E%209-10.pdf. Accessed August 27, 2013.
- Prediction of somatic and non-somatic depressive symptoms between inpatient rehabilitation and follow-up.Spinal Cord. 2010; 48: 239-244
- Liaison psychiatry in a spinal injuries unit.Paraplegia. 1986; 24: 6-19
- Factor structure of the PHQ-9 screen for depression across time since injury among persons with spinal cord injury.Rehabil Psychol. 2008; 53: 243-249
- Computer and Internet use by persons after traumatic spinal cord injury.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2008; 89: 1492-1498
National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical Center. NSCISC 2010 Annual Report for the Spinal Cord Injury Model Systems. Available at: https://www.nscisc.uab.edu/PublicDocuments/reports/pdf/2010%20NSCISC%20Annual%20Statistical%20Report%20-%20Complete%20Public%20Version.pdf. Accessed August 27, 2013.
- Depression after spinal cord injury: relation to gender, ethnicity, aging, and socioeconomic indicators.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2000; 81: 1099-1109
- Depressive symptoms of patients using clean intermittent catheterization for neurogenic bladder secondary to spinal cord injury.Spinal Cord. 2006; 44: 757-762
- The PHQ-9: validity of a brief depression severity measure.J Gen Intern Med. 2001; 16: 606-613
- Symptoms of major depression in people with spinal cord injury: implications for screening.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2004; 85: 1749-1756
Current affiliation for Graves, Department of Neurological Surgery/Division of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, University of Louisville School of Medicine.
No commercial party having a direct financial interest in the results of the research supporting this article has or will confer a benefit on the authors or on any organization with which the authors are associated.