Main Outcome Measures
List of abbreviations:CI (confidence interval), mTNS (Modified Total Neuropathy Score), OR (odds ratio), SJLIFE (St. Jude Lifetime Cohort Study), SOT (Sensory Organization Test), TNS (Total Neuropathy Score)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Interventions for preventing neuropathy caused by cisplatin and related compounds.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2011 Feb 16; : CD005228
- Chemotherapy-induced neuropathy.J Peripher Nerv Syst. 2008; 13: 27-46
- Pharmacogenomics of serious adverse drug reactions in pediatric oncology.J Popul Ther Clin Pharmacol. 2011; 18: e134-e151
- Chemotherapy-induced peripheral neurotoxicity.Nat Rev Neurol. 2010; 6: 657-666
- Chemotherapy-induced peripheral neuropathy: an unresolved issue.Neurologia. 2010; 25: 116-131
- Chemotherapy-induced neuropathy.Curr Treat Options Neurol. 2011; 13: 180-190
- Toxic peripheral neuropathy associated with commonly used chemotherapeutic agents.J BUON. 2010; 15: 435-446
- Vincristine neurotoxicity. Pathophysiology and management.Med Toxicol. 1986; 1: 421-427
- Neuromuscular impairments in adult survivors of childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia: associations with physical performance and chemotherapy doses.Cancer. 2012; 118: 828-838
- Peripheral neuropathy in survivors of childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia.J Peripher Nerv Syst. 2009; 14: 184-189
- Long-term gross motor performance following treatment for acute lymphoblastic leukemia.Med Pediatr Oncol. 1998; 31: 86-90
- Motor nervous system impairment persists in long-term survivors of childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia.Cancer. 2002; 94: 2466-2473
- Prospective medical assessment of adults surviving childhood cancer: study design, cohort characteristics, and feasibility of the St. Jude Lifetime Cohort study.Pediatr Blood Cancer. 2011; 56: 825-836
- Development of risk-based guidelines for pediatric cancer survivors: the Children's Oncology Group Long-Term Follow-Up Guidelines from the Children's Oncology Group Late Effects Committee and Nursing Discipline.J Clin Oncol. 2004; 22: 4979-4990
Children's Oncology Group. Long-term follow-up guidelines for survivors of childhood, adolescent, and young adult cancers. 2008. Available at: http://www.survivorshipguidelines.org/. Accessed March 31, 2013.
- Examination of the six minute walk test to determine functional capacity in people with chronic heart failure: a systematic review.Cardiopulm Phys Ther J. 2010; 21: 13-21
- Are measures employed in the assessment of balance useful for detecting differences among groups that vary by age and disease state?.J Geriatr Phys Ther. 2005; 28: 14-19
- The Modified Total Neuropathy Score: a clinically feasible and valid measure of taxane-induced peripheral neuropathy in women with breast cancer.J Support Oncol. 2006; 4: W9-16
- The Total Neuropathy Score as an assessment tool for grading the course of chemotherapy-induced peripheral neurotoxicity: comparison with the National Cancer Institute-Common Toxicity Scale.J Peripher Nerv Syst. 2007; 12: 210-215
- The total neuropathy score: a tool for measuring chemotherapy-induced peripheral neuropathy.Oncol Nurs Forum. 2008; 35: 96-102
- Total neuropathy score: validation and reliability study.Neurology. 1999; 53: 1660-1664
- Decrease in peripheral muscle strength and ankle dorsiflexion as long-term side effects of treatment for childhood cancer.Pediatr Blood Cancer. 2008; 50: 833-837
- The timed “Up & Go”: a test of basic functional mobility for frail elderly persons.J Am Geriatr Soc. 1991; 39: 142-148
- Physiology/epidemiology: reference equations for the six-minute walk in healthy adults.Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 1998; 158: 1384-1387
- Test-retest reliability of the sensory organization test in noninstitutionalized older adults.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 1995; 76: 77-81
- Logistic regression using SAS system: theory and application.SAS Institute Inc, Cary1999
- Long-term neurologic and peripheral vascular toxicity after chemotherapy treatment of testicular cancer.Cancer. 2010; 116: 2322-2331
- Assessment of potential bias from non-participation in a dynamic clinical cohort of long-term childhood cancer survivors: results from the St. Jude lifetime cohort study.Pediatr Blood Cancer. 2013; 60: 856-864
- Motor nervous pathway function is impaired after treatment of childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia: a study with motor evoked potentials.Med Pediatr Oncol. 2001; 36: 345-351
- Chemotherapy-induced peripheral neuropathy in pediatric cancer patients.Semin Pediatr Neurol. 2012; 19: 9-17
Jenei Z, Bárdi E, Magyar MT, Horváth A, Paragh G, Kiss C. Anthracycline causes impaired vascular endothelial function and aortic stiffness in long term survivors of childhood cancer. Pathol Oncol Res. 2012 Dec 16. [Epub ahead of print].
- Pilot study of vascular health in survivors of Hodgkin lymphoma.Pediatr Blood Cancer. 2012; 59: 285-289
- The effects of peripheral neuropathy on physical function. XXI ISB Congress, podium sessions.J Biomech. 2007; 40(Suppl2): S289
- Evaluation of long-term toxicity in patients after cisplatin-based chemotherapy for non-seminomatous testicular cancer.Ann Oncol. 2002; 13: 229-236
- Chemotherapy-induced peripheral neuropathy: prevention and treatment strategies.Eur J Cancer. 2008; 44: 1507-1515
- Slower speeds in patients with diabetic neuropathy lead to improved local dynamic stability of continuous overground walking.J Biomech. 2000; 33: 1269-1277
- The gait and balance of patients with diabetes can be improved: a randomised controlled trial.Diabetologia. 2010; 53: 458-466
- Fall and balance outcomes after an intervention to promote leg strength, balance, and walking in people with diabetic peripheral neuropathy: “feet first” randomized controlled trial.Phys Ther. 2010; 90: 1568-1579
Supported by Cancer Center Support (grant no. CA 21765) from the National Cancer Institute, and by the American Lebanese Syrian Associated Charities.
No commercial party having a direct financial interest in the results of the research supporting this article has or will confer a benefit on the authors or on any organization with which the authors are associated.