Main Outcome Measures
List of abbreviations:CFQ-V1.0 (Community Follow-up Questionnaire Version 1.0), CFQ-V2.0 (Community Follow-up Questionnaire Version 2.0), CHIEF (Craig Hospital Inventory of Environmental Factors), ICF (International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health), IPA (Impact on Autonomy and Participation Questionnaire), LiSat-11 (Life Satisfaction-11), PDAQ (Person-Perceived Participation in Daily Activities Questionnaire), PROMIS (Patient Reported Outcome Measurement Information System), QOL (quality of life), RHSCIR (Rick Hansen Spinal Cord Injury Registry), SCI (spinal cord injury), SCI-AQ (Spinal Cord Injury Activity Questionnaire), SCI-EQ Suppl (Spinal Cord Injury Environmental Questionnaire Supplement), SCI-HQ: Comorb (Spinal Cord Injury Health Questionnaire: Comorbidities), SCI-HQ: Compl (Spinal Cord Injury Health Questionnaire: Secondary Complications), SCI-SCS (Spinal Cord Injury Secondary Complications Scale), SWLS (Satisfaction With Life Scale)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- The Rick Hansen Spinal Cord Injury Registry (RHSCIR): a national patient-registry.Spinal Cord. 2012; 50: 22-27
- Perceptions of participation and predictors of perceived problems with participation in persons with spinal cord injury.J Rehabil Med. 2005; 37: 3-8
- Participation after spinal cord injury: the evolution of conceptualization and measurement.J Neurol Phys Ther. 2005; 29: 147-156
- Difficult to measure constructs: conceptual and methodological issues concerning participation and environmental factors.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2009; 90: S22-S35
- International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health.WHO, Geneva2001
- Conceptual models of disability: past, present, and future.in: Field M.J. Jette A.M. Martin L. Workshop on Disability in America: A New Look. Washington, DC. August 1, 2005. National Academies Pr, Washington (DC)2006: 55
- ICF Core Sets for individuals with spinal cord injury in the long-term context.Spinal Cord. 2010; 48: 305-312
- High agreement but low kappa: I. The problems of two paradoxes.J Clin Epidemiol. 1990; 43: 543-549
- Computing inter-rater reliability and its variance in the presence of high agreement.Br J Math Stat Psychol. 2008; 61: 29-48
- Preliminary reliability and validity of a Spinal Cord Injury Secondary Conditions Scale.J Spinal Cord Med. 2007; 30: 131-139
- The development of a handicap assessment questionnaire: the Impact on Participation and Autonomy (IPA).Clin Rehabil. 1999; 13: 411-419
- Psychometric properties of the Impact on Participation and Autonomy Questionnaire.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2001; 82: 210-216
- Comparing the content of participation instruments using the International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health.Health Qual Life Outcomes. 2009; 7: 93
- A review of participation instruments based on the International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health.Disabil Rehabil. 2009; 31: 1883-1901
- Fugl-Meyer KS. Life satisfaction in 18- to 64-year-old Swedes: in relation to gender, age, partner and immigrant status.J Rehabil Med. 2002; 34: 239-246
- The Satisfaction With Life Scale.J Pers Assess. 1985; 49: 71-75
- Quantifying environmental factors: a measure of physical, attitudinal, service, productivity, and policy barriers.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2004; 85: 1324-1335
- The Self-Administered Comorbidity Questionnaire: a new method to assess comorbidity for clinical and health services research.Arthritis Rheum. 2003; 49: 156-163
- Comparing the validity of five participation instruments in persons with spinal conditions.J Rehabil Med. 2010; 42: 724-734
- Social consequences of long term impairments and disabilities: conceptual approach and assessment of handicap.Int J Rehabil Res. 1998; 21: 127-141
- Participation survey/mobility: psychometric properties of a measure of participation for people with mobility impairments and limitations.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2006; 87: 189-197
- Development and initial evaluation of the Spinal Cord Injury-Functional Index.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2012; 93: 1733-1750
- Developing a contemporary patient-reported outcomes measure for spinal cord injury.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2011; 92: S44-S51
- Validity of the Life Satisfaction questions, the Life Satisfaction Questionnaire, and the Satisfaction With Life Scale in persons with spinal cord injury.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2012; 93: 1832-1837
- Cross-cultural validity of four quality of life scales in persons with spinal cord injury.Health Qual Life Outcomes. 2010; 8: 94
Supported by the Rick Hansen Institute.
No commercial party having a direct financial interest in the results of the research supporting this article has or will confer a benefit on the authors or on any organization with which the authors are associated (Noreau, Cobb, Bélanger, Noonan, Leblond).
A commercial party having a direct financial interest in the results of the research supporting this article has conferred or will confer a financial benefit on the author or one or more of the authors. Dvorak was employed from 2010 to 2012 as the Scientific Director of the Rick Hansen Institute, which provided funding for this study.