Main Outcome Measures
List of abbreviations:ICF (International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health), NPCD (National Panel of people with Chronic illness or Disability)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health.World Health Organization, Geneva2001
- Convention on the rights of persons with disabilities and optional protocol.United Nations, New York2006
- Disability in Europe: policy, social participation and subjective well-being [dissertation].University of Groningen, Groningen2009
- When work and satisfaction with life do not go hand in hand: health barriers and personal resources in the participation of people with chronic physical disabilities.Soc Sci Med. 2009; 69: 56-60
- Has the Disability Discrimination Act closed the employment gap?.Disabil Rehabil. 2005; 27: 1261-1266
- Perceived participation and autonomy: aspects of functioning and contextual factors predicting participation after stroke.J Rehabil Med. 2011; 43: 388-397
- Perceived participation in life situations in persons with late effects of polio.J Rehabil Med. 2008; 40: 659-664
- Perceptions of participation and predictors of perceived problems with participation in persons with spinal cord injury.J Rehabil Med. 2005; 37: 3-8
- Factors affecting measures of activities and participation in persons with mobility impairment.Disabil Rehabil. 2009; 31: 1633-1642
- Disability studies: an interdisciplinary introduction.Sage, London2011
- World report on disability.World Health Organization, Geneva2011
Dutch government. Wet gelijke behandeling op grond van handicap of chronische ziekte. (Law equal treatment on grounds of disability or chronic illness). Available at: http://wetten.overheid.nl/BWBR0014915. Accessed June 29, 2012.
- (De)centralization of social support in six Western European countries.Health Policy. 2012; 106: 76-87
- Participation: a comparative analysis of multiple rehabilitation stakeholders' perspectives.J Rehabil Med. 2009; 41: 936-944
- Difficult to measure constructs: conceptual and methodological issues concerning participation and environmental factors.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2009; 90: S22-S35
- Comorbidity of chronic disease: effects of disease pairs on physical and mental functioning.Qual Life Res. 2005; 14: 45-55
The Netherlands Institute for Social Research. Permanent onderzoek naar de leefsituatie (POLS). (Continued research on living conditions). Available at: http://www.scp.nl/Onderzoek/Bronnen/Beknopte_onderzoeksbeschrijvingen/Permanent_onderzoek_naar_de_leefsituatie_POLS. Accessed June 29, 2012.
The Netherlands Institute for Social Research. Aanvullend voorzieningengebruikonderzoek (AVO). (Research on the use of supplementary facilities). Available at: http://www.scp.nl/Onderzoek/Bronnen/Beknopte_onderzoeksbeschrijvingen/Aanvullend_voorzieningengebruikonderzoek_AVO. Accessed June 29, 2012.
- SCP-maat voor lichamelijke beperkingen op basis van AVO 2003 [Measure of physical disability on the basis of AVO 2003].The Netherlands Institute for Social Research, The Hague2006
- de Klerk M. Meedoen met beperkingen: Rapportage gehandicapten 2007. (Joining in with limitations: reporting disability 2007). The Netherlands Institute for Social Research, The Hague2007
- Deelname aan de samenleving van mensen met een beperking en ouderen: Rapportage participatiemonitor 2011. [Social participation of people with disabilities and the elderly: reporting participation monitor 2011].Utrecht: NIVEL. 2011;
- de Klerk M. Gilsing R. Timmermans J. Op weg met de Wmo. Evaluatie van de Wet maatschappelijke ondersteuning 2007-2009 [Evaluation of the Social Support Act 2007-2009]. The Netherlands Institute for Social Research, The Hague2010
- Intersection of participation and environmental factors: a complex interactive process.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2010; 91: S44-S53
- Measurement of participation: intersecting person, task, and environment.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2010; 91: S29-S33
- Domain sets and measurement instruments on participation and environmental factors in spinal cord injury research.Am J Phys Med Rehabil. 2011; 90: S66-S78
- Client-centred practice: what does it mean and does it make a difference?.Can J Occup Ther. 1995; 62: 250-257
The National Panel of people with Chronic illness or Disability is funded by the Dutch Ministry of Health, Welfare and Sports and the Dutch Ministry of Social Affairs and Employment .
No commercial party having a direct financial interest in the results of the research supporting this article has or will confer a benefit on the authors or on any organization with which the authors are associated.