Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Virtual reality, disability and rehabilitation.Disabil Rehabil. 1997; 19: 213-220
- Facilitating clinical decision-making about the use of virtual reality within paediatric motor rehabilitation: describing and classifying virtual reality systems.Dev Neurorehabil. 2011; 14: 112-122
Merriam-Webster I. Tool [definition]. Available at: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/tool. Accessed July 30, 2012.
Merriam-Webster I. Therapy [definition]. Available at: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/therapy. Accessed July 30, 2012.
- Virtual reality in the assessment and treatment of children with motor impairment: a systematic review.J Phys Ther Educ. 2011; 25: 59-71
- Virtual reality applications in neurorehabilitation.in: Selzer M.E. Cohen L. Gage F.H. Clarke S. Textbook of neural repair and rehabilitation. University Pr, Cambridge2006: 182-197
- Effects of training with a robot-virtual reality system compared with a robot alone on the gait of individuals after stroke.Stroke. 2009; 40: 169-174
- Defining the active ingredients of interactive computer play interventions for children with neuromotor impairments: a scoping review.Res Dev Disabil. 2012; 33: 214-223
- Adaptive arm-motor recovery using a virtual reality intervention in chronic stroke: randomized control trial.Neurorehabil Neural Repair. 2012 Jul 10; ([Epub ahead of print])
- A SWOT analysis of the field of virtual reality rehabilitation and therapy.Presence. 2005; 14: 119-146
- Nintendo Wii sports and Wii fit game analysis, validation, and application to stroke rehabilitation.Top Stroke Rehabil. 2011; 18: 701-719
- Facilitating clinical decision-making about the use of virtual reality within paediatric motor rehabilitation: application of a classification framework.Dev Neurorehabil. 2011; 14: 177-184
- Usual and virtual reality video game-based physiotherapy interventions for children and youth with acquired brain injuries.Phys Occup Ther Pediatr. 2012; 32: 180-195
- Virtual reality for enhancement of robot-assisted gait training in children with central gait disorders.J Rehabil Med. 2011; 43: 493-499
- Virtual reality games for movement rehabilitation in neurological conditions: how do we meet the needs of users?.Disabil Rehabil. 2012; 34: 1880-1886
- Designing informed game-based rehabilitation tasks leveraging advances in virtual reality.Disabil Rehabil. 2012; 34: 1863-1870
- Changing provider behavior: an overview of systematic reviews of interventions.Med Care. 2001; 29: 2-45
- Factors influencing therapists' adoption of virtual reality for brain injury rehabilitation.J Cyber Ther Rehabil. 2012; ([Epub ahead of print]): 5
- Virtual reality for stroke rehabilitation.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2011; (CD008349)
- International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health.World Health Organization, Geneva, Switzerland2001
No commercial party having a direct financial interest in the results of the research supporting this article has or will confer a benefit on the authors or on any organization with which the authors are associated.