Main Outcome Measures
List of Abbreviations:BTA (botulinum toxin type A), CP (cerebral palsy), GCM (gastrocnemius muscle), GMFM (Gross Motor Function Measure), ICC (intraclass correlation coefficient), MAS (Modified Ashworth Scale), ROI (region of interest), RTS (real-time sonoelastography)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Histologic assessment of dose-related diffusion and muscle fiber response after therapeutic botulinum A toxin injections.Mov Disord. 1994; 9: 31-39
- Botulinum toxin type A in the treatment of lower limb spasticity in cerebral palsy.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2000; 2 (CD001408)
- Botulinum toxin in the management of the lower limb in cerebral palsy.Dev Med Child Neurol. 1994; 36: 386-396
- Botulinum toxin A prevents the development of contractures in the hereditary spastic mouse.Dev Med Child Neurol. 1994; 36: 379-385
- Interrater reliability of a modified Ashworth scale of muscle spasticity.Phys Ther. 1987; 67: 206-207
- A systematic review of the Tardieu Scale for the measurement of spasticity.Disabil Rehabil. 2006; 28: 899-907
- A summary of spasticity management–a treatment algorithm.Eur J Neurol. 2002; 9: 48-52
- Biomechanics: mechanical properties of living tissues.Springer, New York1988
- Sonoelastography may help in the differential diagnosis between rheumatoid nodules and tophi.Clin Exp Rheumatol. 2010; 28: 144-145
- Dynamic sonoelastographic findings of medial gastrocnemius in children with spastic cerebral palsy.Radiology. 2012; 263: 794-801
- Application of real-time sonoelastography in musculoskeletal diseases related to physical medicine and rehabilitation: an invited review.Am J Phys Med Rehabil. 2011; 90: 875-886
- Spastic muscle cells are shorter and stiffer than normal cells.Muscle Nerve. 2003; 27: 157-164
- Collagen accumulation in muscles of children with cerebral palsy and correlation with severity of spasticity.Dev Med Child Neurol. 2001; 43: 314-320
- Spasticity versus strength in cerebral palsy: relationships among involuntary resistance, voluntary torque, and motor function.Eur J Neurol. 2001; 8: 40-49
- The use of botulinum toxin A in children with cerebral palsy, with a focus on the lower limb.J Child Orthop. 2010; 4: 183-195
- Isokinetic strength training of the hemiparetic knee: effects on function and spasticity.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 1997; 78: 1231-1236
- Characterization of muscle belly elastic properties during passive stretching using transient elastography.J Biomech. 2008; 41: 2305-2311
Supported by the Research Institute of Medical Science, Catholic University of Daegu (2011) (grant no. 201101).
No commercial party having a direct financial interest in the results of the research supporting this article has or will confer a benefit on the authors or on any organization with which the authors are associated.
Reprints are not available from the author.
In-press corrected proof published online on Aug 30, 2012, at www.archives-pmr.org.