Main Outcome Measures
List of Abbreviations:BMI (body mass index), CR (cardiac rehabilitation), LVEF (left ventricular ejection fraction)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Attenuated progression of coronary artery disease after 6 years of multifactorial risk intervention: role of physical exercise.Circulation. 1997; 96: 2534-2541
- Barriers to outpatient cardiac rehabilitation participation and adherence.J Cardiopulm Rehabil. 2000; 20: 241-246
- The physical activity patterns of cardiac rehabilitation program participants.J Cardiopulm Rehabil. 2004; 24: 80-86
- Pedometer step counts predict cardiac risk factors at entry to cardiac rehabilitation.J Cardiopulm Rehabil Prev. 2008; 28: 370-377
- Using pedometers to increase physical activity and improve health: a systematic review.JAMA. 2007; 298: 2296-2304
- Effect of the self-monitoring approach on exercise maintenance during cardiac rehabilitation: a randomized, controlled trial.Am J Phys Med Rehabil. 2005; 84: 313-321
- An evaluation of the effectiveness of three interventions in promoting physical activity in a sedentary population.Health Educ J. 1997; 56: 154-165
- A randomized controlled trial to study the effect of exercise consultation on the promotion of physical activity in people with type 2 diabetes: a pilot study.Diabet Med. 2001; 18: 877-882
- [2009 health and social statistics] [Japanese].Accessed October 1, 2011)
- Discharge education improves clinical outcomes in patients with chronic heart failure.Circulation. 2005; 111: 179-185
- Research on exercise adherence: a review of primary studies.Crit Rev Phys Rehabil Med. 2006; 18: 92-105
- Designing clinical research: an epidemiologic approach.in: 2nd ed. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, Philadelphia2001: 52-124
- Treating entire populations for disease prevention.Jpn Health Psychol. 2002; 10: 1-17
- The transtheoretical model: applications to exercise behavior.Med Sci Sports Exerc. 1994; 26: 1400-1404
- Accuracy and reliability of 10 pedometers for measuring steps over a 400-m walk.Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2003; 35: 1779-1784
- Validity of 10 electronic pedometers for measuring steps, distance, and energy cost.Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2003; 35: 1455-1460
- The use of uniaxial accelerometry for the assessment of physical-activity-related energy expenditure: a validation study against whole-body indirect calorimetry.Br J Nutr. 2004; 91: 235-243
- Psychophysical bases of perceived exertion.Med Sci Sports Exerc. 1982; 14: 377-381
- Improvement in physiological outcomes and health-related quality of life following cardiac rehabilitation in patients with acute myocardial infarction.Circ J. 2004; 68: 315-320
- Self-efficacy mechanism in human agency.Am Psychol. 1982; 37: 122-147
- Exercise adherence-promote of physical activity and exercise.in: Sakano Y. Maeda M. Clinical psychology of self-efficacy. Kitaouji Syobo, Kyoto2002: 218-234
- Appendix C: Power and sample size.in: Mehalik C. Cohen M. Foundations of clinical research: applications to practice. 2nd ed. Prentice Hall, Upper Saddle River2000: 705-729
- Discovering statistics using SPSS.2nd ed. Sage Publications, London2005
- Statistical power analysis for the behavior sciences.2nd ed. Lawrence Erlbaum, Hillsdale1988
- Maintenance of physical activity following an individualized motivationally tailored intervention.Ann Behav Med. 2001; 23: 79-87
- Target step count for the secondary prevention of cardiovascular disease.Circ J. 2008; 72: 299-303
- Motivating people to be physically active [physical activity intervention series].2nd ed. Human Kinetics, Champaign2009
- Influence of beta-blocker use on percentage of target heart rate exercise prescription.Eur J Cardiovasc Prev Rehabil. 2003; 10: 296-301
- [A structural equation analysis of psychological, social, and environmental influences on physical activity among Japanese adults] [Japanese].Jpn J Phys Fitness Sports Med. 2011; 60: 89-97
- Physical activity in relation to exercise capacity in chronic heart failure patients.Int J Cardiol. 2011; 152: 152-153
Supported by the Japan Health Foundation, Karasuma-dori, Chukyo-ku, Kyoto, Japan.
No commercial party having a direct financial interest in the results of the research supporting this article has or will confer a benefit on the authors or on any organization with which the authors are associated.
In-press corrected proof published online on Aug 15, 2012, at www.archives-pmr.org.