Main Outcome Measures
List of Abbreviations:CMC (coefficient of multiple correlation), ICC (intraclass correlation coefficient), LBP (low back pain), RMSE (root mean square error), VAS (visual analog scale)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Discriminating healthy controls and two clinical subgroups of nonspecific chronic low back pain patients using trunk muscle activation and lumbosacral kinematics of postures and movements.Spine. 2009; 34: 1610-1618
- Lumbar lordosis and pelvic inclination in adults with chronic low back pain.Phys Ther. 2000; 80: 261-275
- The effects of gender, age, and body mass index on standing lumbar curvature in persons without current low back pain.Physiother Theory Pract. 2006; 22: 229-237
- Lumbar posture–should it, and can it, be modified?.Phys Ther. 2003; 83: 907-917
- Differences in sitting postures are associated with nonspecific chronic low back pain disorders when patients are subclassified.Spine. 2006; 31: 698-704
- Three-dimensional X-ray analysis of normal movement in the lumbar spine.Spine. 1984; 9: 294-297
- Reliability and validity of four instruments for measuring lumbar spine and pelvic positions.Phys Ther. 1986; 66: 677-684
- Lumbar curvature in standing and sitting in two types of chairs: relationship of hamstring and hip flexor length.Phys Ther. 1990; 70: 611-618
- Regional lumbar sagittal mobility: measurement by flexicurves.Clin Biomech. 1986; 1: 20-26
- A new skin-surface device for measuring the curvature and global and segmental ranges of motion of the spine: reliability of measurements and comparison with data reviewed from the literature.Eur Spine J. 2004; 13: 122-136
- Reliability of spinal range of motion in healthy boys using a skin-surface device.J Manipulative Physiol Ther. 2008; 31: 570-576
- Biplanar measurement of thoracolumbar curvature in older adults using an electromagnetic device.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2010; 91: 137-142
- Three-dimensional measurement of lumbar spine kinematics for fast bowlers in cricket.Clin Biomech. 1998; 13: 574-583
- A real-time gyroscopic system for three-dimensional measurement of lumbar spine motion.Med Eng Phys. 2003; 25: 817-824
- Changes in bending stiffness and lumbar spine range of movement following lumbar mobilization and manipulation.J Manipulative Physiol Ther. 2011; 34: 46-53
- Dynamic measurement of lumbar curvature using fibre-optic sensors.Med Eng Phys. 2010; 32: 1043-1049
- Masterclass.Man Ther. 2000; 5: 2-12
- Diagnosis and classification of chronic low back pain disorders: maladaptive movement and motor control impairments as underlying mechanism.Man Ther. 2005; 10: 242-255
- The use of a mechanism-based classification system to evaluate and direct management of a patient with non-specific chronic low back pain and motor control impairment–a case report.Man Ther. 2007; 12: 181-191
- The effect of different standing and sitting postures on trunk muscle activity in a pain-free population.Spine. 2002; 27: 1238-1244
- Effect of different upright sitting postures on spinal curvature and trunk muscle activation in a pain-free population.Spine. 2006; 31: E707-E712
- Changes in lumbar lordosis modify the role of the extensor muscles.Clin Biomech. 2000; 15: 777-780
- The effect of posture on the role of the apophysial joints in resisting intervertebral compressive forces.J Bone Joint Surg Br. 1980; 62: 358-362
- Torso flexion loads and the fatigue failure of human lumbosacral motion segments.Spine. 2005; 30: 2265-2273
- Phase lag of the intersegmental motion in flexion-extension of the lumbar and lumbosacral spine.Spine. 1996; 21: 1416-1422
- Kinematics and movement sequencing during flexion of the lumbar spine.Clin Biomech. 1999; 14: 376-383
- Fear of movement/(re)injury in chronic low back pain and its relation to behavioural performance.Pain. 1995; 62: 363-372
- Coefficient of cross correlation and the time domain correspondence.J Electromyogr Kinesiol. 1999; 9: 385-389
- Partitioning of the L4-5 dynamic moment into the disc, ligamentous, and muscular components during lifting.Spine. 1986; 11: 666-678
- A combined finite-element and optimization investigation of lumbar spine mechanics with and without muscle.Spine. 1993; 18: 1531-1541
- Influence of lumbar and hip mobility on the bending stresses acting on the lumbar spine.Clin Biomech. 1993; 8: 185-192
- Range of motion and lordosis of the lumbar spine.Spine. 2001; 26: 53-60
- Effects of a lumbar support on spine posture and motion assessed by electrogoniometer and continuous recording.Clin Biomech. 1998; 13: 18-26
- Evaluation of specific stabilizing exercise in the treatment of chronic low back pain with radiologic diagnosis of spondylolysis or spondylolithesis.Spine. 1997; 22: 2959-2967
- Bending and compressive stresses acting on the lumbar spine during lifting activities.J Biomech. 1994; 27: 1237-1248
- Three-dimensional lumbar spinal kinematics: a study of range of movement in 100 healthy subjects aged 20 to 60+ years.Rheumatology (Oxford). 2000; 39: 1337-1340
Current affiliation for Williams is School of Health and Social Care, Bournemouth University, Bournemouth, Dorset, UK.
Supported by the Private Physiotherapy Education Foundation (grant no. 1005738).
No commercial party having a direct financial interest in the results of the research supporting this article has or will confer a benefit on the authors or on any organization with which the authors are associated.
Reprints are not available from the author.
In-press corrected proof published online on Aug 17, 2012, at www.archives-pmr.org.