Main Outcome Measures
List of Abbreviations:BiOM (PowerFoot BiOM prosthetic device), ESR (energy-storing and -returning), ROM (range of motion), TTA (transtibial amputation)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Below-knee amputee gait with dynamic elastic response prosthetic feet: a pilot study.J Rehabil Res Dev. 1990; 27: 369-384
- Knee kinetics in trans-tibial amputee gait.Gait Posture. 1998; 8: 1-7
- Prosthetic weight acceptance mechanics in transtibial amputees wearing the Single Axis, Seattle Lite, and Flex Foot.IEEE Trans Rehabil Eng. 1997; 5: 283-289
- Trans-tibial amputee gait: time-distance parameters and EMG activity.Prosthet Orthot Int. 2000; 24: 216-220
- Gait analysis and energy cost of below-knee amputees wearing six different prosthetic feet.J Prosthetics Orthotics. 1992; 4: 63-75
- Double-limb support and step-length asymmetry in below-knee amputees.Scand J Rehabil Med. 1997; 29: 75-79
- Muscle power compensatory mechanisms in below-knee amputee gait.Am J Phys Med Rehabil. 2001; 80: 25-32
- Kinematic and kinetic variations of below-knee amputee gait.J Prosthetics Orthotics. 2002; 14: 2-12
- Compensatory mechanisms in below-knee amputee gait in response to increasing steady-state walking speeds.Gait Posture. 2008; 28: 602-609
- Mechanical energetic contributions from individual muscles and elastic prosthetic feet during symmetric unilateral transtibial amputee walking: a theoretical study.J Biomech. 2007; 40: 1824-1831
- The effects of prosthetic ankle dorsiflexion and energy return on below-knee amputee leg loading.Clin Biomech (Bristol, Avon). 2011; 26: 298-303
- The effect of prosthetic ankle energy storage and return properties on muscle activity in below-knee amputee walking.Gait Posture. 2011; 33: 220-226
- Prescription of prosthetic ankle-foot mechanisms after lower limb amputation.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2005; : 1-84
- Powered ankle-foot prosthesis to assist level-ground and stair-descent gaits.Neural Netw. 2008; 21: 654-666
- Bionic ankle-foot prosthesis normalizes walking gait for persons with leg amputation.Proc Biol Sci. 2012; 279: 457-464
- An active foot-ankle prosthesis with biomechanical energy regeneration.J Med Devices. 2010; 4 (011003.1-9)
- Artificial muscles: actuators for biorobotic systems.Int J Robotics Res. 2002; 21: 295-309
- Successful preliminary walking experiments on a transtibial amputee fitted with a powered prosthesis.Prosthet Orthot Int. 2009; 33: 368-377
- Kinematics and kinetics with an adaptive ankle foot system during stair ambulation of transtibial amputees.Gait Posture. 2009; 30: 356-363
- Biomechanical analysis of ramp ambulation of transtibial amputees with an adaptive ankle foot system.Gait Posture. 2010; 32: 191-198
- The effects of a controlled energy storage and return prototype prosthetic foot on transtibial amputee ambulation.Hum Mov Sci. 2011 Nov 17; ([Epub ahead of print])
- Comparing a passive-elastic and a powered prosthesis in transtibial amputees.Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc. 2011; 2011: 8255-8258
- A six degrees-of-freedom marker set for gait analysis: repeatability and comparison with a modified Helen Hayes set.Gait Posture. 2009; 30: 173-180
- Reliability and Minimal Detectible Change values for gait kinematics and kinetics in healthy adults.Gait Posture. 2012; 35: 301-307
- ISB recommendations for standardization in the reporting of kinematic data.J Biomech. 1995; 28: 1257-1261
- ISB recommendation on definitions of joint coordinate system of various joints for the reporting of human joint motion−part I: ankle, hip, and spine.J Biomech. 2002; 35: 543-548
- Walking variability during continuous pseudo-random oscillations of the support surface and visual field.J Biomech. 2010; 43: 1470-1475
- Reliability and validity of the T-test as a measure of agility, leg power, and leg speed in college-aged men and women.J Strength Cond Res. 2000; 14: 443-450
- The reliability and validity of the Four Square Step Test for people with balance deficits secondary to a vestibular disorder.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2007; 88: 99-104
- Evaluation of gait style of hill descent for lower limb amputees.in: The 11th World Congress of the International Society for Prosthetics & OrthoticsAugust 1–6, 2004 (Hong Kong)
- Evaluation of gait style to ascend stairs for lower limb amputees.in: The 11th World Congress of the International Society for Prosthetics & OrthoticsAugust 1–6, 2004 (Hong Kong)
- Evaluation of function, performance, and preference as transfemoral amputees transition from mechanical to microprocessor control of the prosthetic knee.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2007; 88: 207-217
- Prosthesis evaluation questionnaire for persons with lower limb amputations: assessing prosthesis-related quality of life.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 1998; 79: 931-938
- Contributions of the individual ankle plantar flexors to support, forward progression and swing initiation during walking.J Biomech. 2001; 34: 1387-1398
- Muscle force redistributes segmental power for body progression during walking.Gait Posture. 2004; 19: 194-205
Supported by the Center for Rehabilitation Sciences Research and the Telemedicine and Advanced Technology Research Center (grant no. W81K00-09-P-1129).
The views expressed herein are those of the authors and do not reflect the official policy or position of Brooke Army Medical Center, the US Army Medical Department, the US Army Office of the Surgeon General, the Department of the Army, the Department of Defense, or the US government.
No commercial party having a direct financial interest in the results of the research supporting this article has or will confer a benefit on the authors or on any organization with which the authors are associated.
Reprints are not available from the author.
In-press corrected proof published online on Sep 12, 2012, at www.archives-pmr.org.