Main Outcome Measures
List of Abbreviations:JMERC (Janbazan Medical and Engineering Research Center), PTA (person with transtibial amputation)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- The Iceross concept: a discussion of a philosophy.Prosthet Orthot Int. 1993; 17: 49-55
- Iceross—a consensus view: a questionnaire survey of the use of Iceross in the United Kingdom.Prosthet Orthot Int. 1997; 21: 124-128
- A questionnaire survey of the effect of different interface types on patient satisfaction and perceived problems among trans-tibial amputees.Prosthet Orthot Int. 2005; 29: 231-240
- Evaluation of problems and needs of veteran lower-limb amputees in the San Francisco Bay Area during the period 1977-1980.J Rehabil Res Dev. 1983; 20: 57-71
- Skin problems of the leg amputee.Prosthet Orthot Int. 1980; 4: 37-44
- Skin disorders in amputees.J Am Acad Dermatol. 2000; 42: 501-507
- Suspension of the below-knee prosthesis: an overview.Prosthet Orthot Int. 1979; 33: 1-19
- The patella-tendon bearing below-knee prosthesis.in: University of California at Berkeley, Berkeley1961: 119-130
- Artificial limbs fabrication without the use of commercially made components.Prosthet Orthot Int. 1972; 4: 21-25
- Suspension prosthetic sleeve for rigorous activity.(US patent 4,908,037)1990 March 13
- Negative pressures during swing phase in below-knee prostheses with rubber sleeve suspension.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 1975; 56: 22-26
- Criteria for use of supracondylar and supracondylar-suprapatellar suspension for below-knee prostheses.Prosthet Orthot Int. 1973; 27: 14-18
- Analysis of below-knee suspension systems: effect on gait.J Rehabil Res Dev. 1990; 27: 385-396
- Energy costs of below-knee prostheses using two types of suspension.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 1979; 60: 293-297
- Suspension systems for prostheses.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 1999; 361: 55-62
- Quantification of prosthetic outcomes: elastomeric gel liner with locking pin suspension versus polyethylene foam liner with neoprene sleeve suspension.J Rehabil Res Dev. 2004; 41: 591-602
- Suction sock suspension for above-knee prostheses.J Prosthet Orthot. 1991; 3: 90-93
- Silicone-only suspension (SOS) for the above-knee amputee.J Prosthet Orthot. 1992; 4: 76-85
- 3-S prosthesis: a preliminary report.J Pediatr Orthop. 1991; 11: 112
- The future of artificial limbs.in: Pasquina P.F. Cooper R.A. Care of the combat amputee. U.S. Army Medical Department Borden Institute, Frederick2009: 721-730
- Prosthesis Evaluation Questionnaire for persons with lower limb amputations: assessing prosthesis-related quality of life.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 1998; 79: 931-938
- Prosthetic profile of people with lower extremity amputation: conception and design of a follow-up questionnaire.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 1993; 74: 862-870
- Measuring long-term outcome in people with lower limb amputation: cross-validation of the Italian versions of the Prosthetic Profile of the Amputee and Prosthesis Evaluation Questionnaire.Eura Medicophys. 2005; 41: 1-6
- Use of the Prosthesis Evaluation Questionnaire (PEQ).J Prosthet Orthot. 2006; 18: 68-79
- Use and satisfaction with prosthetic devices among persons with trauma-related amputations: a long-term outcome study.Am J Phys Med Rehabil. 2001; 80: 563-571
- Patient satisfaction following lower-limb amputation: the role of gait deviation.Prosthet Orthot Int. 2011; 35: 225-233
- Silicon suction socket (3S) versus supracondylar PTB prosthesis with pelite liner: transtibial amputees' preferences.J Prosthet Orthot. 1996; 8: 96-99
- Transtibial prosthetic socket pistoning: static evaluation of Seal-In X5 and Dermo Liner using motion analysis system.Clin Biomech (Bristol, Avon). 2012; 27: 34-39
- Differences in function and safety between Medicare Functional Classification Level-2 and -3 transfemoral amputees and influence of prosthetic knee joint control.J Rehabil Res Dev. 2009; 46: 417-434
- Issues of importance reported by persons with lower limb amputations and prostheses.J Rehabil Res Dev. 1999; 6: 155-163
- Prosthetic prescription in the Netherlands: an interview with clinical experts.Prosthet Orthot Int. 2004; 28: 98-104
- Vacuum suspension and its effects on the limb.Orthopadie Technik. 2006; 4: 1-6
- Polyurethane gel liner usage in the Oxford Prosthetic Service.Prosthet Orthot Int. 2001; 25: 41-46
- Effect on gait and socket comfort in unilateral trans-tibial amputees after exchange to a polyurethane concept.Prosthet Orthot Int. 2004; 28: 28-36
- Experiences with respect to the ICEROSS system for trans-tibial prosthesis.Prosthet Orthot Int. 1994; 18: 78-83
- Literature review of the possible advantages of silicon liner socket use in trans-tibial prostheses.Prosthet Orthot Int. 2005; 29: 27-38
- Skin problems of the residual limb and hand function in lower limb amputees: a historic cohort study.Prosthet Orthot Int. 2008; 32: 179-185
- Enabling factors related to prosthetic use by people with transtibial and transfemoral amputation.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 1999; 80: 706-713
Supported by the Malaysia UM/MOHE HIR (grant no: D000014-16001).
No commercial party having a direct financial interest in the results of the research supporting this article has or will confer a benefit on the authors or on any organization with which the authors are associated.
Reprints are not available from the author.
In-press corrected proof published online on Jul 7, 2012, at www.archives-pmr.org.