List of Abbreviations:EBP (evidence-based practice), IRT (item response theory), SR (systematic review)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- The future of disability in America.Institute of Medicine, National Academies Pr, Washington (DC)2007
- Initial national priorities for comparative effectiveness research.Institute of Medicine, National Academies Pr, Washington (DC)2009
- AHRQ strategic plan.U.S. Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, Rockville2007
- Seventh Framework Programme: FP7 2007-2013.Accessed April 26, 2012)
- Systems to rate the strength of scientific evidence.Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, Rockville2002 (Evidence report/technology assessment No. 47)
- Eden J. Levit L. Berg A. Morton S. Finding what works in health care: standards for systematic reviews. Institute of Medicine, National Academies Pr, Washington (DC)2011
- Graham R. Mancher M. Wolman D.M. Greenfield S. Steinberg E.E. Clinical practice guidelines we can trust. Institute of Medicine, The National Academies Pr, Washington (DC)2011
- Practical clinical trials: increasing the value of clinical research for decision making in clinical and health policy.JAMA. 2003; 290: 1624-1632
- The challenge of evidence in disability and rehabilitation research and practice: a position paper.SEDL, Austin2009
- Applying evidence standards to rehabilitation research.Am J Phys Med Rehabil. 2006; 85: 292-309
- Systematically assessing and improving the quality and outcomes of medical rehabilitation programs.in: Frontera W.R. DeLisa J.A. Physical medicine & rehabilitation: principles and practice. 5th ed. Wolters Kluwer/Lippincott Williams & Wilkins Health, Philadelphia2010: 325-355
- Practice-based evidence: incorporating clinical heterogeneity and patient-reported outcomes for comparative effectiveness research.Med Care. 2010; 48: S17-S22
- The Patient-Reported Outcomes Measurement Information System (PROMIS): progress of an NIH Roadmap cooperative group during its first two years.Med Care. 2007; 45: S3-S11
- Future of outcomes measurement: impact on research in medical rehabilitation and neurologic populations.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2011; 92: S7-S11
- The PROMIS initiative: involvement of rehabilitation stakeholders in development and examples of applications in rehabilitation research.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2011; 92: S12-S19
- Advancing the evidence base of rehabilitation treatments: a developmental approach.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2012; 93: S101-S110
- Small sample research designs for evidence-based rehabilitation: issues and methods.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2012; 93: S111-S116
- Design and implementation of clinical trials in rehabilitation research.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2012; 93: S117-S126
- Practice-based evidence research in rehabilitation: an alternative to randomized controlled trials and traditional observation studies.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2012; 93: S127-S137
- Single subject designs: current methodologies and future directions.Occup Ther J Res Occup Participation Health. 2010; 30: 4-10
- Evaluating practice: guidelines for the accountable professional.6th ed. Allyn and Bacon, Boston2009
- Prognosis and clinical trial design in traumatic brain injury: the IMPACT study.J Neurotrauma. 2007; 24: 232-238
- Clinical prediction models: a practical approach to development, validation, and updating.Springer, New York2009
- Developing and evaluating prediction models in rehabilitation populations.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2012; 93: S138-S153
- Improving measurement methods in rehabilitation: core concepts and recommendations for scale development.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2012; 93: S154-S163
- Evidence-based practice for rehabilitation professionals: concepts and controversies.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2012; 93: S164-S176
- Conducting systematic evidence reviews: core concepts and lessons learned.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2012; 93: S177-S184
- Toward improved evidence standards and methods for rehabilitation: recommendations and challenges.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2012; 93: S185-S199
- GRADE guidelines: 1.J Clin Epidemiol. 2011; 64: 383-394
- GRADE guidelines: a new series of articles in the Journal of Clinical Epidemiology.J Clin Epidemiol. 2011; 64: 380-382
- Clinical practice guideline process manual: 2011 edition.American Academy of Neurology, St. Paul2011
No commercial party having a direct financial interest in the results of the research supporting this article has or will confer a benefit on the authors or on any organization with which the authors are associated.
Reprints are not available from the author.
In-press corrected proof published online on Jun 7, 2012, at www.archives-pmr.org.