Main Outcome Measure
List of Abbreviations:BOCF (baseline observation carried forward), EOS (end of study), FIQ (Fibromyalgia Impact Questionnaire), FM (fibromyalgia), RINCE (reduced impedance noninvasive cortical electrostimulation)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Fibromyalgia.in: Mayer E. Bushnell M. Functional pain syndromes: presentation and pathophysiology. IASP Press, Seattle2009: 3-22
- Patterns of healthcare utilization and cost in patients with newly diagnosed fibromyalgia.Am J Manag Care. 2010; 16: S126-S137
- Clinical comorbidities, treatment patterns, and healthcare costs among patients with fibromyalgia newly prescribed pregabalin or duloxetine in usual care.J Med Econ. 2012; 15: 19-31
- Clinical characteristics, pharmacotherapy, and healthcare resource use among patients with fibromyalgia newly prescribed pregabalin or tricyclic antidepressants.J Med Econ. 2012; 15: 32-44
- Functional imaging of pain in patients with primary fibromyalgia.J Rheumatol. 2004; 31: 364-378
- Functional magnetic resonance imaging evidence of augmented pain processing in fibromyalgia.Arthritis Rheum. 2002; 46: 1333-1343
- Intrinsic brain connectivity in fibromyalgia is associated with chronic pain intensity.Arthritis Rheum. 2010; 62: 2545-2555
- New insights into neuromodulatory approaches for the treatment of pain.J Pain. 2008; 9: 193-199
- Non-invasive transcranial direct current stimulation for the study and treatment of neuropathic pain.Methods Mol Biol. 2010; 617: 505-515
- Principles of therapeutic use of transcranial and epidural cortical stimulation.Clin Neurophysiol. 2008; 119: 2179-2184
- Site-specific effects of transcranial direct current stimulation on sleep and pain in fibromyalgia: a randomized, sham-controlled study.Pain Pract. 2007; 7: 297-306
- Long-term maintenance of the analgesic effects of transcranial magnetic stimulation in fibromyalgia.Pain. 2011; 152: 1478-1485
- A randomized, sham-controlled, proof of principle study of transcranial direct current stimulation for the treatment of pain in fibromyalgia.Arthritis Rheum. 2006; 54: 3988-3998
- Effects of unilateral repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation of the motor cortex on chronic widespread pain in fibromyalgia.Brain. 2007; 130: 2661-2670
- A randomized placebo controlled study of noninvasive cortical electrostimulation in the treatment of fibromyalgia patients.Pain Med. 2012; 13: 115-124
- Fibromyalgia relapse evaluation and efficacy for durability of meaningful relief (FREEDOM): a 6-month, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial with pregabalin.Pain. 2008; 136: 419-431
- New treatment options for fibromyalgia: critical appraisal of duloxetine.Neuropsychiatr Dis Treat. 2008; 4: 525-529
Supported by the McLaren Foundation and Kettering University.
A commercial party having a direct financial interest in the results of the research supporting this article has conferred or will confer a financial benefit upon the author or one or more of the authors. Hargrove has commercial interest in the Cerephex Corporation, a company developing this technology used in the treatment process disclosed in this manuscript. Bennett and Clauw are unpaid consultants to the Cerephex Corporation, and have no further financial interests to disclose.
Clinical Trial Registration No.: NCT01180244.
In-press corrected proof published online on May 31, 2012, at www.archives-pmr.org.