Main Outcome Measure
List of Abbreviations:CLBP (chronic low back pain), CMP (chronic nonspecific musculoskeletal pain), PA (physical activity), VM (vector magnitude)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Relationship between physical activity and disability in low back pain: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Pain. 2011; 152: 607-613
- Individuals with chronic low back pain have a lower level, and an altered pattern, of physical activity compared with matched controls: an observational study.Aust J Physiother. 2009; 55: 53-58
- Assessment of activities of daily living with an ambulatory monitoring system: a comparative study in patients with chronic low back pain and nonsymptomatic controls.Clin Rehabil. 2002; 16: 16-26
- Daily physical activities in chronic lower back pain patients assessed with accelerometry.Eur J Pain. 2009; 13: 649-654
- Staying at work with chronic nonspecific musculoskeletal pain: a qualitative study of workers' experiences.BMC Musculoskelet Disord. 2011; 12: 126
- Physical activity in daily life in patients with chronic low back pain.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2001; 82: 726-730
- Measuring free-living physical activity in adults with and without neurologic dysfunction with a triaxial accelerometer.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2008; 89: 1765-1771
- Interinstrument reliability of the RT3 accelerometer.Int J Rehabil Res. 2010; 33: 178-179
- A comparison of pain rating scales by sampling from clinical trial data.Clin J Pain. 2000; 16: 22-28
- Imputation of missing data when measuring physical activity by accelerometry.Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2005; 37: S555-S562
- The revised handbook for analyzing jobs.4th ed. JIST Works Inc, Indianapolis1991
- Physical activity patterns in normal, overweight and obese individuals using minute-by-minute accelerometry.Eur J Clin Nutr. 2000; 54: 887-894
- Physical activity patterns assessed by accelerometry in older people.Eur J Appl Physiol. 2007; 100: 581-589
- Effectiveness of physical activity programs at worksites with respect to work-related outcomes.Scand J Work Environ Health. 2002; 28: 75-84
- Physical conditioning programs for improving work outcomes among workers with back pain.Scand J Work Environ Health. 2011; 37: 1-5
Supported in part by Stichting Instituut Gak (grant no. 2006479).
No commercial party having a direct financial interest in the results of the research supporting this article has or will confer a benefit on the authors or on any organization with which the authors are associated.
In-press corrected proof published online on May 30, 2012, at www.archives-pmr.org.