Main Outcome Measures
List of Abbreviations:SCI (spinal cord injury)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Etiology and incidence of rehospitalization after traumatic spinal cord injury: a multicenter analysis.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2004; 87: 1757-1763
- Pressure ulcers in community-resident persons with spinal cord injury: prevalence and risk factors.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 1993; 74: 1172-1177
- Pressure ulcer risk in spinal cord injury: predictors of ulcer status over 3 years.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2000; 81: 465-471
- Complications following spinal cord injury: occurrence and risk factors in a longitudinal study during and after inpatient rehabilitation.J Rehabil Med. 2007; 39: 393-398
- Reported pressure ulcer prevention and management techniques by persons with spinal cord injury.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 1996; 77: 744-749
- Preventive skin care beliefs of people with spinal cord injury.Rehabil Nurs. 2008; : 154-162
King RB, Porter SL, Champion V, Vertiz K. Development of a measure of preventive skin care beliefs. In: Proceedings of the Midwest Nursing Research Society Annual Conference; April 4-7, 2003; Grand Rapids, MI.
- Wheelchair push-ups: measuring pressure relief frequency.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 1985; 66: 433-438
- Pressure ulcer prevention and treatment following spinal cord injury: a clinical practice guideline for health care professionals.PVA, Washington (DC)2000
- Why people use health services.Milbank Mem Fund Q. 1966; 44: 94-127
- The health belief model: a decade later.Health Educ Q. 1984; 11: 1-47
- Personal-model beliefs and social-environmental barriers related to diabetes self-management.Diabetes Care. 1997; 20: 556-561
- The impact of barriers and self-efficacy on self-care behaviors in type 2 diabetes.Diabetes Educ. 2001; 27: 393-404
- Health practices of veterans with unilateral lower-limb loss: identifying correlates.J Rehabil Res Dev. 2004; 41: 453-460
- Social learning theory and the health belief model.Health Educ Q. 1988; 15: 175-183
- Health beliefs and compliance with a skin care regimen.Rehabil Nurs. 1987; 12: 13-16
- Pressure sore prevention self-efficacy and outcome expectations: a study of people with spinal cord injury.Rehabil Nurs Res. 1994; 3: 11-17
- Instrument refinement for breast cancer screening behaviors.Nurs Res. 1993; 42: 139-143
- The health belief model and health behavior.in: Gochman D.S. Handbook of health behavior research I: personal and social determinants. Plenum Pr, New York1997: 71-91
- International standards for neurological and functional classification of spinal cord injury.Spinal Cord. 1997; 35: 266-274
- Using multivariate statistics.Allyn and Bacon, Boston2001
- Likert scales, levels of measurement and the “law” of statistics.Adv Health Sci Educ. 2010; 15: 625-632
- SMOG grading: a new readability formula.J Reading. 1969; 12: 639-646
- Determination and quantification of content validity.Nurs Res. 1986; 35: 382-385
- Measuring health: a guide to rating scales and questionnaires.Oxford Univ Pr, New York2006
- A structured educational model to improve pressure ulcer prevention knowledge in veterans with spinal cord dysfunction.J Rehabil Res Dev. 2002; 39: 575-588
- Psychometric theory.3rd ed. McGraw-Hill, New York1994
- Osteoporosis prevention in college women: application of the expanded health belief model.Am J Health Behav. 2002; 26: 163-172
- Managing multiple morbidity in mid-life: a qualitative study of attitudes to drug use.BMJ. 2003; 327: 837-841
- Health beliefs, disease severity, and patient adherence: a meta-analysis.Med Care. 2007; 45: 521-528
King RB, Chen D, Gittler M, et al. A randomized trial to prevent pressure ulcers after SCI. Final grant report: Centers for Disease Control Cooperative Agreement; 2002. Report no. U59/CCU514156-01.
- Long-term pressure recordings under the ischial tuberosities of tetraplegics.Paraplegia. 1983; 21: 99-106
- Prospective study of pressure ulcer risk.Paraplegia. 1994; 32: 50-58
- Ten measurement commandments that often should be broken.Res Nurse Health. 1995; 18: 465-469
- Self-measurement of blood glucose, accuracy of self-reported data and adherence to recommended regimen.Diabetes Care. 1988; 11: 579-585
- The use of the diary as a data collection technique.West J Nurse Res. 1994; 16: 414-425
- Objective measurements of compliance in asthma treatment.Ann Allergy. 1994; 73: 527-532
- Short-term effects of an educational program on health-seeking behavior for infections in patients with Type 2 diabetes: a randomized controlled intervention trial in primary care.Diabetes Care. 2008; 31: 402-407
- The effect of a tailored message intervention on heart failure readmission rates, quality of life, and benefit and barrier beliefs in persons with heart failure.Heart Lung. 2004; 33: 249-260
Supported by the National Institute on Disability and Rehabilitation (research no. H133G010058).
Reprints are not available from the author.
No commercial party having a direct financial interest in the results of the research supporting this article has or will confer a benefit on the authors or on any organization with which the authors are associated.
In-press corrected proof published online on May 30, 2012, at www.archives-pmr.org.