List of Abbreviations:DIP (distal interphalangeal), PIP (proximal interphalangeal), ROM (range of motion), TERT (total end range time)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Splinting in the management of proximal interphalangeal joint flexion contracture.J Hand Ther. 1996; 9: 378-386
- Long-term results of surgical management of proximal interphalangeal joint contracture.J Hand Surg Am. 2002; 27: 799-805
- The treatment of chronic flexion contractures of the proximal interphalangeal joint.J Hand Surg [Br]. 1995; 20: 385-389
- The use of skeletal traction to correct the flexed PIP joint in Dupuytren's disease.J Hand Surg [Br]. 1994; 19: 534-537
- A comparison of high-profile and low-profile dynamic mobilization splint designs.J Hand Ther. 2004; 17: 335-343
- Biomechanics of soft-tissue growth and remodeling with plaster casting.J Hand Ther. 1995; 8: 131-137
- Splints: mechanics versus convention.J Hand Ther. 1995; 8: 124-130
- Effect of total end range time on improving passive range of motion.J Hand Ther. 1994; 7: 150-157
- The long-term relationship between duration of treatment and contracture resolution using dynamic orthotic devices for the stiff proximal interphalangeal joint: a prospective cohort study.J Hand Ther. 2012; 25: 38-46
- The management of deformities following electric fire burns.Hand. 1972; 4: 247-252
- Proximal interphalangeal joint injuries of the hand.Am J Orthop. 1996; 25: 527-530
- Treatment principles for proximal and middle phalangeal fractures.Orthop Clin North Am. 1992; 23: 35-40
- Dynamic splinting for the stiff hand after trauma: predictors of contracture resolution.J Hand Ther. 2011; 24 (quiz 206): 195-205
- Optimal daily total end range time for contracture: resolution in hand splinting.J Hand Ther. 2003; 16: 207-218
- Swing design dynamic traction splinting for the treatment of intra-articular fractures of the digits.J Hand Ther. 2006; 19: 39-42
- Force analysis of the belly gutter and Capener splints.J Hand Ther. 1999; 12: 337-343
- Torque measures of common therapies for the treatment of flexion contractures.J Arthroplasty. 2010; 26: 328-334
- Determinants of compliance with hand splinting in an acute brain injured population.Brain Inj. 2008; 22: 411-418
- Alternative splinting approach for proximal interphalangeal joint flexion contractures: no-profile static-progressive splinting and cylinder splint combo.J Hand Ther. 2009; 22: 288-293
- Static progressive splinting.J Hand Ther. 2002; 15: 163-178
- Percutaneous pinning of the displaced volar plate avulsion fracture of the PIP joint.Hand Surg. 2009; 14: 113-119
- Functional treatment of physeal and periphyseal injuries of the metacarpal and proximal phalangeal bones.J Pediatr Surg. 2001; 36: 611-615
- Evaluation of a thermoplastic splint to protect the proximal interphalangeal joints of volleyball players.J Hand Ther. 1996; 9: 52-56
- A history of splinting: to understand the present, view the past.J Hand Ther. 2002; 15: 97-132
- The treatment of interphalangeal joint flexion contractures with reinforced lycra finger sleeves.J Hand Ther. 2000; 13: 52-55
- A preliminary investigation of the neoprene tube finger extension splint.J Hand Ther. 1997; 10: 213-221
- Conservative treatment of stable volar plate injuries of the proximal interphalangeal joint in children and adolescents: a prospective study.Pediatr Emerg Care. 2009; 25: 547-549
- Investigation of grip force, normal force, contact area, hand size, and handle size for cylindrical handles.Hum Factors. 2008; 50: 734-744
Support by the Veterans Administration Rehabilitation research and development, Competitive Pilot Project Fund.
No commercial party having a direct financial interest in the results of the research supporting this article has or will confer a benefit on the authors or on any organization with which the authors are associated.
Wollstein, Pearlman, and Ogden have been granted a provisional patent for the splint.
Reprints are not available from the author.
In-press corrected proof published online on Jun 9, 2012, at www.archives-pmr.org.