Main Outcome Measures
List of Abbreviations:ANCOVA (analysis of covariance), AMS (American Spinal Injury Association Motor Score), ASIA (American Spinal Injury Association), GCS (Glasgow Coma Scale), LOC (loss of consciousness), LOS (length of stay), PTA (posttraumatic amnesia), SCI (spinal cord injury), TBI (traumatic brain injury)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Cognitive dysfunction and mild closed head injury in traumatic spinal cord injury.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 1985; 66: 489-491
- Closed head injury in acute traumatic spinal cord injury: incidence and risk factors.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 1988; 69: 869-872
- A controlled study of neuropsychological deficits in acute spinal cord injury patients.Paraplegia. 1988; 27: 480-489
- Spinal cord injury and concomitant traumatic brain injury: results of a longitudinal investigation.Am J Phys Med Rehabil. 1988; 67: 211-216
- The effectiveness of different methods of defining traumatic brain injury in predicting post-discharge adjustment in a spinal cord injury population.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 1991; 72: 275-279
- Spinal cord injury and co-occurring traumatic brain injury: assessment and incidence.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2008; 89: 1350-1357
- Cognitive dysfunction in spinal cord injury patients: sensitivity of the Functional Independence Measure.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 1990; 71: 326-329
- Cognitive impairment in persons with recent spinal cord injury: findings and implications for clinical practice.NeuroRehabil. 1991; 3: 79-85
- Neuropsychological impairments after spinal cord injury: a comparative study with mild traumatic brain injury.Rehabil Psychol. 2003; 48: 151-156
- Traumatic brain injury in patients with spinal cord injury: clinical and economic consequences.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2008; 89: S77-S84
- Effect of co-morbid traumatic brain injury on functional outcome of persons with spinal cord injuries.Am J Phys Med Rehabil. 2004; 83: 22-26
- Mild head injury classification.Neurosurgery. 1990; 27: 422-428
- Neuropsychologic and functional outcome after complicated mild traumatic brain injury.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2008; 89: 904-911
- International standards for neurological classification of spinal cord injury.J Spinal Cord Med. 2003; 26: S50-S56
- Construct validity and dimensional structure of the ASIA motor scale.J Spinal Cord Med. 2006; 29: 39-45
- Relationships between impairment and physical disability as measured by the Functional Independence Measure.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 1993; 74: 566-573
- The structure and stability of the Functional Independence Measure.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 1994; 75: 127-132
- The reliability of the Functional Independence Measure: a quantitative review.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 1996; 77: 1226-1232
- Measurement characteristics of the Functional Independence Measure.Top Stroke Rehabil. 1994; 1: 1-15
- Continuous Visual Memory Test professional manual.Psychological Assessment Resources, Odessa1988
- Administration and scoring manual for the Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale –.3rd edition. The Psychological Corporation, San Antonio1997
- Hopkins Verbal Learning Test-Revised manual.Psychological Assessment Resources, Lutz2001
- Symbol Digit Modalities Test.Western Psychological Services, Los Angeles1995
- Short Category Test booklet.Western Psychological Services, Los Angeles2000
- Validity of the Orientation Log relative to the Galveston Orientation and Amnesia Test.J Head Trauma Rehabil. 2000; 15: 957-961
Supported by the National Institute on Disability and Rehabilitation Research, US Department of Education (grant no. H113G030004).
No commercial party having a direct financial interest in the results of the research supporting this article has or will confer a benefit on the authors or on any organization with which the authors are associated.
In-press corrected proof published online on Apr 4, 2012, at www.archives-pmr.org.