Main Outcome Measures
List of Abbreviations:ANOVA (analysis of variance), CDT (complete decongestive therapy), ICG (indocyanine green), LE (lymphedema), MLD (manual lymphatic drainage), NIR (near-infrared), PCD (pneumatic compression device)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Lymphedema, lipedema, and the open wound: the role of compression therapy.Surg Clin North Am. 2003; 83: 639-658
- Incidence, treatment costs, and complications of lymphedema after breast cancer among women of working age: a 2-year follow-up study.J Clin Oncol. 2009; 27: 2007-2014
- Morbidity after inguinal sentinel lymph node biopsy and completion lymph node dissection in patients with cutaneous melanoma.Eur J Surg Oncol. 2006; 32: 785-789
- Diagnosis and treatment of secondary lymphedema.Medicare Evidence Development & Coverage Advisory Committee, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, Baltimore2009 (Report no.: Project ID: LYMT0908)
- The lymphedema chaos: a lancet.Ann Plast Surg. 1989; 22: 505-515
- Effective treatment of lymphedema of the extremities.Arch Surg. 1998; 133: 452-458
- The third circulation: radionuclide lymphoscintigraphy in the evaluation of lymphedema.J Nucl Med. 2003; 44: 43-57
- Interstitial MR lymphangiography—a diagnostic imaging method for the evaluation of patients with clinically advanced stages of lymphedema.Acta Trop. 2007; 104: 8-15
- Visualization of breast lymphatic pathways with an indirect computed tomography lymphography using a nonionic monometric contrast medium iopamidol: preliminary results.Invest Radiol. 2003; 38: 73-84
- Lymphoscintigraphic evaluation of manual lymphatic drainage for lower extremity lymphedema.Lymphology. 2006; 39: 41-48
- Lymphatic imaging in humans with near-infrared fluorescence.Curr Opin Biotechnol. 2009; 20: 74-82
- New horizons for imaging lymphatic function.Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2008; 1131: 13-36
- Near-infrared fluorescence imaging in humans with indocyanine green: a review and update.Open Surg Oncol J. 2010; 2: 12-25
- A novel method of measuring human lymphatic pumping using indocyanine green fluorescence lymphography.J Vasc Surg. 2010; 52: 946-952
- Human lymphatic architecture and dynamic transport imaged using near-infrared fluorescence.Transl Oncol. 2010; 3: 362-372
- Direct evidence of lymphatic function improvement after advanced pneumatic compression device treatment of lymphedema.Biomed Optics Express. 2010; 1: 114-125
- Modern treatment of lymphoedema.Australas J Dermatol. 1992; 33: 61-68
- Role of patient adherence in maintenance of results after manipulative therapy for lymphedema.J Soc Integr Oncol. 2006; 4: 125-129
- Near-infrared fluorescence imaging of lymphatics in head and neck lymphedema.Head Neck. 2010; (PMID: 21077150 [Epub ahead of print])
- The addition of manual lymph drainage to compression therapy for breast cancer related lymphedema: a randomized controlled trial.Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2004; 86: 95-106
- Contractility patterns of human leg lymphatics in various stages of obstructive lymphedema.Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2008; 1131: 110-118
- HGF and MET mutations in primary and secondary lymphedema.Lymphat Res Biol. 2008; 6: 65-68
- Quality analysis of in vivo near-infrared fluorescence and conventional gamma images acquired using a dual-labeled tumor-targeting probe.J Biomed Opt. 2005; 10 (054010-01-11)
- Detection of cancer metastases with a dual-labeled near-infrared/positron emission tomography imaging agent.Transl Oncol. 2010; 3: 307-317
- Imaging of lymph flow in breast cancer patients after microdose administration of a near-infrared fluorophore: feasibility study.Radiology. 2008; 246: 734-741
Supported in part by the Longaberger Foundation through an American Cancer Society Research Scholar Grant (no. RSG-06-213-01-LR) and the National Institutes of Health (grant nos. R01 HL092923 and U54 CA136404).
No commercial party having a direct financial interest in the results of the research supporting this article has or will confer a benefit on the authors or on any organization with which the authors are associated.
Reprints are not available from the author.