List of Abbreviations:CI (confidence interval)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Risk factors for neck pain: a longitudinal study in the general population.Pain. 2001; 93: 317-325
- The annual incidence and course of neck pain in the general population: a population-based cohort study.Pain. 2004; 112: 267-273
- Regional musculoskeletal pain.Baillieres Best Pract Res Clin Rheumatol. 1999; 13: 261-285
- Course and prognostic factors for neck pain in the general population: results of the Bone and Joint Decade 2000-2010 Task Force on Neck Pain and Its Associated Disorders.Spine. 2008; 33: S75-S82
- Neck pain.in: Crombie I.K. The epidemiology of pain. IASP Pr, Seattle1999: 235-255
- Cost-of-illness of neck pain in The Netherlands in 1996.Pain. 1999; 80: 629-636
- Evidence-based management of acute musculoskeletal pain.National Health and Medical Research Council, Canberra2003
- Clinical practice implications of the Bone and Joint Decade 2000-2010 Task Force on Neck Pain and its Associated Disorders: from concepts and findings to recommendations.Spine. 2008; 33: S199-S213
- Patient satisfaction with management of back pain: part 1: what is satisfaction?.Physiotherapy. 2001; 87: 4-9
- Patient satisfaction with management of back pain: part 2: an explorative, qualitative study into patients' satisfaction with physiotherapy.Physiotherapy. 2001; 87: 10-20
- Satisfaction with outpatient physiotherapy: focus groups to explore the views of patients with acute and chronic musculoskeletal conditions.Physiother Theory Pract. 2007; 23: 1-20
- Acute low back pain: systematic review of its prognosis.BMJ. 2003; 327: 323
- Prognosis in patients with recent onset low back pain in Australian primary care: inception cohort study.BMJ. 2008; 337: a171
- Course and prognostic factors of whiplash: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Pain. 2008; 138: 617-629
- The clinical course and prognostic factors of non-specific neck pain: a systematic review.Pain. 1998; 77: 1-13
- Clinical epidemiology: the essentials.3rd ed. Williams & Wilkins, Baltimore1996
- Research priorities and methodological implications: the Bone and Joint Decade 2000-2010 Task Force on Neck Pain and Its Associated Disorders.Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2008; 33: S214-S220
- Treatement of acute cervical pain- a comparative group study.Pain. 1981; 10: 93-101
- Evaluation of the efficacy of subcutaneous carbon dioxide insufflations for treating acute non specific neck pain in general practice: a sham controlled randomized trial.Eur J Pain. 2008; 12: 9-16
- Clinical course and prognostic factors in acute neck pain: an inception cohort study in general practice.Pain Med. 2008; 9: 572-580
- Chiropractic for neck pain: a pilot study examining whether the duration of the pain affects the clinical outcome.Clinical Chiropractic. 2005; 8: 179-188
- Reliability and responsiveness of the Dutch version of the Neck Disability Index in patients with acute neck pain in general practice.Eur Spine J. 2006; 15: 1729-1736
- The use of fear-avoidance beliefs and nonorganic signs in predicting prolonged disability in patients with neck pain.Man Ther. 2008; 13: 239-248
- Tetrazepam in the treatment of acute cervical syndrome.Fortschritte der Medizin. 1993; 111 ([German]): 544-548
- Clinical importance of changes in chronic pain intensity measured on an 11-point numerical pain rating scale.Pain. 2001; 94: 149-158
- Predictors of outcome in neck and shoulder symptoms: a cohort study in general practice.Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2005; 30: E459-E470
- Methods for the best evidence synthesis on neck pain and its associated disorders: the Bone and Joint Decade 2000-2010 Task Force on Neck Pain and Its Associated Disorders.Spine. 2008; 33: S33-S38
Supported by the National Health and Medical Research Council, Australia; and an Australian Postgraduate Award provided by the Australian Commonwealth Government.
No commercial party having a direct financial interest in the results of the research supporting this article has or will confer a benefit on the authors or on any organization with which the authors are associated.
Published online April 1, 2011 at www.archives-pmr.org.