Main Outcome Measure
List of Abbreviations:ICC (intraclass correlation coefficients), R1 (first viewing of a trial (rating 1)), R2 (second viewing of a trial (rating 2)), T1 (first trial), T2 (second trial), WSP (Wheelchair Skills Program), WST (Wheelchair Skills Test), WST 4.1 (Wheelchair Skills Test version 4.1)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Wheeled mobility demographics.Rehabilitation Engineering Center on Technology Transfer, Buffalo2009 (p 7-29)
- Barriers, facilitators, and access for wheelchair users: substantive and methodologic lessons from a pilot study of environmental effects.Soc Sci Med. 2002; 55: 1435-1446
- Wheelchair Skills Test, version 4.1.Accessed March 5, 2010)
- Wheelchair skills training program: a randomized clinical trial of wheelchair users undergoing initial rehabilitation.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2004; 85: 41-50
- Wheelchair skills training program for clinicians: a randomized controlled trial with occupational therapy students.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2004; 85: 1160-1167
- Wheelchair skills training for community-based manual wheelchair users: a randomized controlled trial.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2005; 86: 2316-2323
- Are wheelchair-skills assessment and training relevant for long-standing wheelchair users?.Disabil Rehabil Assist Technol. 2010; 5: 230-233
- The Wheelchair Skills Test (version 2.4): measurement properties.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2004; 85: 794-804
- The Wheelchair Skills Test: a pilot study of a new outcome measure.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2002; 83: 10-18
Routhier F, Demers L, Kirby RL, et al. Inter-rater and test-retest reliability of the French Canadian Wheelchair Skills Test (version 3.2): preliminary findings. Proceedings of the Annual Meeting of RESNA; Phoenix, AZ; June 15-19, 2007.
- Wheelchair skills tests: a systematic review.Clin Rehabil. 2003; 17: 418-430
- Foundations of clinical research: applications to practice.2nd ed. Prentice Hall Health, Upper Saddle River2000
- Intraclass correlations: uses in assessing rater reliability.Psychol Bull. 1979; 86: 420-428
- High agreement but low kappa: II.J Clin Epidemiol. 1990; 43: 551-558
- Dates B. Syntax for Cohen's Kappa.Accessed January 15, 2010)
- High agreement but low kappa: I.J Clin Epidemiol. 1990; 43: 543-549
- Development of a walking-safety scale for older adults, part II: interrater and test-retest agreement of the GEM Scale.Physiother Can. 2008; 60: 274-282
Rushton PW, Miller WC, Kirby RL, Eng JJ, Yip J. Development and content validation of the Wheelchair Confidence Scale: a mixed-methods study. Disabil Rehabil Assist Technol 2010 Early online
Supported by the Endowment Fund for the Future: Support for Advancement of Scholarship Small Faculties Research Grant Program at the University of Alberta.
No commercial party having a direct financial interest in the results of the research supporting this article has or will confer a benefit on the authors or on any organization with which the authors are associated.
Reprints are not available from the author.