Main Outcome Measures
List of Abbreviations:2D (2-dimensional), ES (effect size), FSST (Four Square Step Test), PEQ (Prosthesis Evaluation Questionnaire), TUG (Timed Up and Go Test)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Influence of terrain on metabolic and temporal gait characteristics of unilateral transtibial amputees.J Rehabil Res Dev. 2006; 43: 153-160
- A clinical comparison of variable-damping and mechanically passive prosthetic knee devices.Am J Phys Med Rehabil. 2005; 84: 563-575
- Gait analysis of transfemoral amputee patients using prostheses with two different knee joints.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 1996; 77: 515-520
- Prosthetic gait of unilateral transfemoral amputees: a kinematic study.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 1995; 76: 736-743
- A preliminary investigation of pelvic obliquity patterns during gait in persons with transtibial and transfemoral amputation.J Rehabil Res Dev. 2000; 37: 1-10
- Gait efficiency using the C-Leg.J Rehabil Res Dev. 2006; 43: 239-246
- Energy expenditure and biomechanical characteristics of lower limb amputee gait: the influence of prosthetic alignment and different prosthetic components.Gait Posture. 2002; 16: 255-263
- The gait initiation process in unilateral lower-limb amputees when stepping up and stepping down to a new level.Clin Biomech. 2005; 20: 405-413
- The mechanics of landing when stepping down in unilateral lower-limb amputees.Clin Biomech. 2006; 21: 184-193
- Practical manual of physical medicine and rehabilitation: diagnostics, therapeutics, and basic problems.Mosby, St Louis1998
- MOBIS OttoBock Mobility System.Otto Bock Healthcare, Duderstadt, Germany2003
- Daniels and Worthingham's muscle testing: techniques of manual examination.Saunders, Philadelphia1995
- The Amputee Mobility Predictor: an instrument to assess determinants of the lower-limb amputee's ability to ambulate.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2002; 83: 613-627
- The Timed “Up & Go”: a test of basic functional mobility for frail elderly persons.J Am Geriatr Soc. 1991; 39: 142-148
- A clinical test of stepping and change of direction to identify multiple falling older adults.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2002; 83: 1566-1571
- Use of the Prosthesis Evaluation Questionnaire (PEQ).J Prosthet Orthot. 2006; 18: 69-70
- Temporal symmetries during gait initiation and termination in nondisabled ambulators and in people with unilateral transtibial limb loss.J Rehabil Res Dev. 2005; 42: 175-182
- Visual control of locomotion: strategies for changing direction and for going over obstacles.J Exp Psychol Hum Percept Perform. 1991; 17: 603-604
- Online steering: coordination and control of body center of mass, head and body orientation.Exp Brain Res. 1999; 129: 629-634
- Statistics in kinesiology.Human Kinetics, Champaign1995
Supported by the Austin Hospital Medical Research Foundation, Austin Health, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Project No 02866.
No commercial party having a direct financial interest in the results of the research supporting this article has or will confer a benefit on the authors or on any organization with which the authors are associated.
Reprints are not available from the author.