Main Outcome Measures
List of Abbreviations:ANOVA (analysis of variance), EMG (electromyogram), LED (light-emitting diode), PAULA (Prosthetists' Assistant for Upper Limb Architecture)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Amputation rehabilitation and prosthetic restoration.Disabil Rehabil. 2004; 26: 831-836
- Assessment of capacity for myoelectric control: a new Rasch-built measure of prosthetic hand control.J Rehabil Med. 2005; 37: 166-171
- Learning a novel myoelectric-controlled interface task.J Neurophysiol. 2008; 100: 2397-2408
- Myoelectric prostheses.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 1985; 67: 654-657
- Intra- and inter-rater reliability of the assessment of capacity for myoelectric control.J Rehabil Med. 2006; 38: 118-123
- Prosthesis training as a context for studying occupational forms and motoric adaptation.Am J Occup Ther. 1994; 48: 55-61
- Progressive upper limb prosthetics.Phys Med Rehabil Clin N Am. 2006; 17: 49-72
- Training with an upper-limb prosthetic simulator to enhance transfer of skill across limbs.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2003; 84: 437-443
- Effect of training on upper-extremity prosthetic performance and motor learning: a single-case study.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2008; 89: 1199-1204
- Trans-radial upper extremity amputees are capable of adapting to a novel dynamic environment.Exp Brain Res. 2008; 188: 589-601
- Prosthetic management and training of adult upper limb amputees.Curr Orthop. 1997; 11: 193-202
- Managing the upper extremity amputee: a protocol for success.J Hand Ther. 2008; 21: 160-175
- The role of order of practice in learning to handle an upper-limb prosthesis.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2008; 89: 1759-1764
- Establishing a standardized clinical assessment tool of pathologic and prosthetic hand function: normative data, reliability, and validity.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2002; 83: 776-783
- UNB test of prosthetic function: a test for unilateral amputees (test manual).Bio-Engineering Institute, University New Brunswick, Fredricton, New Brunswick1985
- Recommended effect size statistics for repeated measures designs.Behav Res Methods. 2005; 37: 379-384
- Generalized eta and omega squared statistics: measures of effect size for some common research designs.Psychol Methods. 2004; 8: 434-447
- Statistical analysis for the behavioral sciences.2nd ed. Academic Press, New York1988
- Principles for learning single-joint movements.Exp Brain Res. 1993; 94: 499-513
A commercial party having a direct financial interest in the results of the research supporting this article has conferred or will confer a financial benefit on the author or 1 or more of the authors. Research was performed while Hanneke Bouwsema was financially supported by Otto Bock Healthcare GmbH, Vienna, Austria.
Reprints are not available from the author.