Main Outcome Measures
List of Abbreviations:CI (confidence interval), EVA (ethylene vinyl acetate), FFI (Foot Function Index)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Clinical practice.N Engl J Med. 2004; 350: 2159-2166
- Effectiveness of foot orthoses to treat plantar fasciitis: a randomized trial.Arch Intern Med. 2006; 166: 1305-1310
- Effectiveness of different types of foot orthoses for the treatment of plantar fasciitis.J Am Podiatr Med Assoc. 2004; 94: 542-549
- Biomechanics of longitudinal arch support mechanisms in foot orthoses and their effect on plantar aponeurosis strain.Clin Biomech. 1996; 11: 243-252
- A study of the properties of materials used in podiatry.J Am Podiatr Med Assoc. 1991; 81: 73-83
- Comparison of custom and prefabricated orthoses in the initial treatment of proximal plantar fasciitis.Foot Ankle Int. 1999; 20: 214-221
- Foot orthoses for the treatment of plantar fasciitis.Foot Ankle Int. 2006; 27: 606-611
- Conservative treatment of plantar fasciitis.J Am Podiatr Med Assoc. 1998; 88: 375-380
- Mechanical treatment of plantar fasciitis.J Am Podiatr Med Assoc. 2001; 91: 55-62
- A comparison of shoe inserts in relieving mechanical heel pain.The Foot. 1999; 9: 84-87
- Interventions for treating plantar heel pain.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2003; 3 (CD000416)
- The Foot Function Index: a measure of foot pain and disability.J Clin Epidemiol. 1991; 44: 561-570
- The Foot Function Index for measuring rheumatoid arthritis pain: evaluating side-to-side reliability.Foot Ankle Int. 1996; 17: 506-510
- The minimum clinically significant difference in visual analogue scale pain score does not differ with severity of pain.Emerg Med J. 2001; 18: 205-207
- Clinical versus statistical significance in the assessment of pain relief.Ann Emerg Med. 1996; 27: 439-441
- Does the clinically significant difference in visual analog scale pain scores vary with gender, age, or cause of pain?.Acad Emerg Med. 1998; 5: 1086-1090
- Statistics notes: analysing controlled trials with baseline and follow up measurements.BMJ. 2001; 323: 1123-1124
- Plantar fasciitis.Clin J Sport Med. 2004; 14: 305-309
- Outcome of nonsurgical treatment for plantar fasciitis [published erratum appears in Foot Ankle 1996;17:722].Foot Ankle Int. 1996; 17: 527-532
- How to select covariates to include in the analysis of a clinical trial.Control Clin Trials. 2000; 21: 330-342
- Evaluation of the results of a randomized controlled trial: how to define changes between baseline and follow-up.J Clin Epidemiol. 2004; 57: 223-228
- Explanations for improvement in both experimental and control groups.West J Nurs Res. 2003; 25: 746-755
- Lessons from and cautions about noninferiority and equivalence randomized trials.JAMA. 2006; 295: 1172-1174
- Reliability of the PEDro scale for rating quality of randomized controlled trials.Phys Ther. 2003; 83: 713-721
Trial registration: Australian New Zealand Clinical Trials Registry, ACTRN012607000319471 (www.anzctr.org.au).
No commercial party having a direct financial interest in the results of the research supporting this article has or will confer a benefit on the authors or on any organization with which the authors are associated.
Reprints are not available from the author.