Main Outcome Measures
List of Abbreviations:ANOVA (analysis of variance), CI (confidence interval), IRT (item response theory), LOS (length of stay), SCI (spinal cord injury), SCIM (Spinal Cord Independence Measure), SCIM II (Spinal Cord Independence Measure II), THRIVE (Telerehabilitation Through Interactive Video Endorsement)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Spinal cord injury medicine, 6: economic and societal issues in spinal cord injury.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2007; 88: S84-S88
- Incidence, prevalence and epidemiology of spinal cord injury: what learns a worldwide literature survey?.Spinal Cord. 2006; 44: 523-529
- Duration and functional outcome of spinal cord injury rehabilitation in the Netherlands.J Rehabil Res Dev. 2005; 42: 75-85
- Etiology and incidence of rehospitalization after traumatic spinal cord injury: a multicenter analysis.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2004; 85: 1757-1763
- Telehealth: reaching out to newly injured spinal cord patients.Public Health Rep. 2001; 116: 94-102
- Clinical outcomes resulting from telemedicine interventions: a systematic review.BMC Med Inform Decis Mak. 2001; 26: 1-57
- Systematic review of evidence for the benefits of telemedicine.J Telemed Telecare. 2002; 8: 1-30
- Systematic review of cost effectiveness studies of telemedicine interventions.BMJ. 2002; 324: 1434-1437
- Telemedicine versus face to face patient care: effects on professional practice and health care.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2000; 2 (CD002098)
- Telemedicine for the Medicare population: update.Evid Rep Technol Assess (Full Rep). 2006; 131: 1-41
- The effectiveness of a care coordination home telehealth program for veterans with diabetes mellitus: a 2-year follow-up.Am J Manag Care. 2006; 12: 467-474
- A randomized trial comparing telemedicine case management with usual care in older, ethnically diverse, medically underserved patients with diabetes mellitus.Am Med Inform Assoc. 2006; 13: 40-51
- Enhancing elder chronic care through technology and care coordination: report from a pilot.Telemed J E Health. 2003; 9: 189-195
- Home telehealth reduces healthcare costs.Telemed J E Health. 2004; 10: 170-183
- A randomized trial of telemedicine-based collaborative care for depression.J Gen Intern Med. 2007; 22: 1086-1093
- Hypertension Intervention Nurse Telemedicine Study (HINTS): testing a multifactorial tailored behavioral/educational and a medication management intervention for blood pressure control.Am Heart J. 2007; 153: 918-924
- The contribution of telemedicine to cardiology.J Telemed Telecare. 1997; 3: 63-64
- Use of telerehabilitation to manage pressure ulcers in persons with spinal cord injuries.Adv Wound Care. 1999; 12: 264-269
- Autonomic dysreflexia and telehealth.Can Nurse. 2006; 102: 20-25
- Using telemedicine to provide post-discharge support for patients with spinal cord injuries.J Telemed Telecare. 2005; 11: 68-70
- Characteristics of the Functional Independence Measure in traumatic spinal cord injury.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 1999; 80: 1471-1476
- Cross-cultural validity of FIM in spinal cord injury.Spinal Cord. 2006; 44: 746-752
- SCIM-spinal cord independence measure: a new disability scale for patients with spinal cord lesions.Spinal Cord. 1997; 35: 850-856
- Rasch analysis of the Catz-Itzkovich spinal cord independence measure.Spinal Cord. 2002; 40: 396-407
- A multicenter international study on the Spinal Cord Independence Measure, version III: Rasch psychometric validation.Spinal Cord. 2007; 45: 275-291
- Power and sample size calculations: a review and computer program.Control Clin Trials. 1990; 11: 116-128
- A systematic review of functional ambulation outcome measures in spinal cord injury.Spinal Cord. 2008; 46: 246-254
- Utilization, access and satisfaction with primary care among people with spinal cord injuries: a comparison of three countries.Spinal Cord. 2007; 45: 25-36
- Telerehabilitation in spinal cord injury persons: a novel approach.Telemed J E Health. 2006; 12: 160-162
Supported by the European Community under the European Commission's Framework V Programme.
No commercial party having a direct financial interest in the results of the research supporting this article has or will confer a benefit on the authors or on any organization with which the authors are associated.
The THRIVE project includes the following investigators: Telemedicina Rizzoli, Bologna: Roberto Ongaro, David Menasci. Dipartimento di Medicina e Sanità Pubblica, Università di Bologna: Maria Pia Fantini, Laura Dallolio, Paola Rucci, Andy Stainthorpe. Spinal Cord Unit—Montecatone Rehabilitation Institute, Imola (Bologna): Mauro Menarini, Sandra China, Mario Loffredo, Francesco Gambino, Anna Maria Cresciulli, Daniela Monducci, Giovanna Ferrara, Elisabetta Cardelli. Health Information Management, Bruxelles: Marco D'Angelantonio, Reinhard Prior, John Oates. Centre de Traumatologie et de Réadaptation, Bruxelles: Manfredi Ventura. Salisbury Health Care National Health Service Trust, Salisbury: Helen Pain, Anba Soopramanien.