Main Outcome Measure
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Statement on pulmonary rehabilitation.Am J Resp Crit Care Med. 2006; 173: 1390-1413
- Thorax. 2001; 56: 827-834
- Guidelines for pulmonary rehabilitation programs.2nd ed. Human Kinetics, Champaign1998
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.Thorax. 2004; 59: 1-132
- Saving lives: our healthier nation, government white paper. HMSO, London1999
- NHS plan.HMSO, London2000
- The expert patient: a new approach to chronic disease management for the 21st century.DOH, London2001
- Physician and patient perceptions in COPD: The COPD Resource Network Needs Assessment Survey.Am J Med. 2005; 118: 1415-1529
- A healthier future: a strategic framework for respiratory conditions.DOH, London2005
- Basics of qualitative research: grounded theory procedures and techniques.Sage, London1990
- Experimental evaluation of pulmonary rehabilitation in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: short-term effects of exercise endurance and health status.Health Psychol. 1990; 9: 237-252
- Effects of pulmonary rehabilitation on physiologic and psychosocial outcomes in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.Ann Intern Med. 1995; 122: 823-832
- Dyspnea assessment and management: a consensus statement.Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 1998; 159: 321-340
- The effects of patient education in COPD in a 1-year follow-up randomised, controlled trial.Patient Educ Couns. 2004; 52: 259-266
- The influence of rehabilitation on behaviour modification in COPD.Patient Educ Couns. 2004; 52: 237-241
- Communication about palliative care for patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.J Palliat Care. 2005; 21: 157-164
- Self-management plans in the primary care of patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.Respirology. 2006; 11: 611-618
- Gender differences in coping strategies among patients enrolled in an inpatient rehabilitation program.Heart Lung. 2006; 35: 130-136
- Reduction of hospital utilization in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.Arch Intern Med. 2003; 163: 585-591
- Living well with COPD: chronic bronchitis and emphysema.ACP, Northbrook2004
Support by the Northern Ireland Chest, Heart and Stroke Association (grant no. 200429).
No commercial party having a direct financial interest in the results of the research supporting this article has or will confer a benefit upon the author(s) or upon any organization with which the author(s) is/are associated.