Main Outcome Measures
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Implications of the learned nonuse formulation for measuring rehabilitation outcomes: lessons from constraint-induced movement therapy.Rehabil Psychol. 2005; 50: 34-42
- The functional independence measure: a new tool for rehabilitation.Adv Clin Rehabil. 1987; 1: 6-18
- Functional evaluation: the Barthel index.Md State Med J. 1965; 14: 61-65
- Movement in nonhuman primates deprived of somatosensory feedback.Exerc Sports Sci Rev. 1976; 4: 335-374
- Somatosensory deafferentation research with monkeys: implications for rehabilitation medicine.in: Ince L.P. Behavioral psychology in rehabilitation medicine: clinical applications. Williams & Wilkins, New York1980: 371-401
- Objective measurement of functional upper-extremity movement using accelerometer recordings transformed with a threshold filter.Stroke. 2000; 31: 662-667
- Ambulatory monitoring of arm movement using accelerometry: an objective measure of upper-extremity rehabilitation in persons with chronic stroke.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2005; 86: 1498-1501
- Continuous monitoring of upper-limb activity in a free-living environment.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2005; 86: 541-548
- Methods for a multisite randomized trial to investigate the effect of constraint-induced movement therapy in improving upper extremity function among adults recovering from a cerebrovascular stroke.Neurorehabil Neural Repair. 2003; 17: 137-152
- Technique to improve chronic motor deficit after stroke.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 1993; 74: 347-354
- Constraint-induced movement therapy: bridging from the primate laboratory to the stroke rehabilitation laboratory.J Rehabil Med. 2003; 41: 34-40
- Repetitive task practice: a critical review of constraint-induced movement therapy in stroke.Neurologist. 2002; 8: 325-338
- Age-specific norms for the Mini-Mental State Exam.Neurology. 1988; 38: 1565-1568
- Observations on the design and specification of a wrist-worn human activity monitoring system.Behav Res Methods. 1985; 17: 659-669
- Reliability and validity of the upper-extremity Motor Activity Log-14 for measuring real-world arm use.Stroke. 2005; 36: 2493-2496
Uswatte G, Taub E, Morris D, Light K, Thompson P. The Motor Activity Log–28: assessing daily use of the hemiparetic arm after stroke. Neurology. In press.
- The validity and reliability of the 45-item upper extremity Motor Activity Log [abstract].J Neurol Phys Ther. 2003; 27: 172
- Clinimetric properties of the motor activity log for the assessment of arm use in hemiparetic patients.Stroke. 2004; 35: 1410-1414
- The stroke impact scale version 2.0.Stroke. 1999; 30: 2131-2140
- Applied multiple regression/correlation analysis for the behavioral sciences. Lawrence Erlbaum Associates, Hillsdale1983
- Statistical power analysis for the behavioral sciences. Lawrence Erlbaum Associates, Hillsdale1988
- Convergent and discriminant validation by the multitrait-multimethod matrix.Psychol Bull. 1959; 56: 81-105
- Issues and recommendations for the recruitment and retention of older ethnic minority adults into clinical research.J Consult Clin Psychol. 1996; 64: 875-880
- Ethnic and minority issues in rehabilitation psychology.Rehabil Psychol. 1997; 42: 61-71
- African Americans’ views on research and the Tuskegee Syphilis Study.Soc Sci Med. 2001; 52: 797-808
- Neglect and related disorders.in: Heilman K.M. Valenstein E. Clinical neuropsychology. Oxford Univ Pr, New York1985: 243-294
- Limb apraxia.Semin Neurol. 2000; 20: 471-478
Supported by the National Center for Medical Rehabilitation Research of the National Institute of Child Health and Human Development and National Institute for Neurological Diseases and Stroke, National Institutes of Health (grant no. HD 37606), and the American Heart Association Southeast Affiliate (grant no. 0365163B).
No commercial party having a direct financial interest in the results of the research supporting this article has or will confer a benefit upon the author(s) or upon any organization with which the author(s) is/are associated.