Main Outcome Measure
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Arthritis prevalence and activity limitations—United States.MMWR Morb Mort Wkly Rep. 1990; 43: 433-438
- Prevalence of self-reported arthritis or chronic joint symptoms among adults—United States 2001.MMWR Morb Mort Wkly Rep. 2002; 51: 948-950
- Prevalence of selected chronic conditions.Vital Health Stat 10. 1997; : 1-89
- Musculoskeletal disorders.Vital Health Stat 3. 1993; : 275-288
- Socioeconomic status and racial and ethnic differences in functional status associated with chronic diseases.Am J Public Health. 1997; 87: 805-810
- Incidence of functional limitation in older adults.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2002; 83: 964-971
- Risk factors for disability among U.S. adults with arthritis.J Clin Epidemiol. 1991; 44: 167-182
- Levels of disability among U.S. adults with arthritis.J Gerontol. 1991; 46: S71-S83
- Arthritis and other rheumatic conditions.Arthritis Care Res. 1995; 8: 203-211
Census USBot. United States Census 2000 [online]. Available at: http://www.census.gov. Accessed February 28, 2005.
- Trends in aging—United States and worldwide.MMWR Morb Mort Wkly Rep. 2003; 52: 101-106
- Technical description of the Asset and Health Dynamics Among the Oldest Old (AHEAD) Study sample design. Population Studies Center, Ann Arbor1995 (HRS Doc Rep DR-003.)
- Disability in America. Natl Acad Sci, Washington (DC)1991
- Documentation of Affective Functioning Measures in the Health and Retirement Survey. University of Michigan Survey Research Center, Ann Arbor2000
- The structure of health status among Hispanic, African American, and white older adults.J Gerontol B Psychol Sci Soc Sci. 1997; 52 (Spec No:49–60.)
- Wealth inequality among older Americans.J Gerontol B Psychol Sci Soc Sci. 1997; 52 (Spec No:74–81.)
- SUDAAN user’s manual release 7.5. Research Triangle Institute, Research Triangle Park1997
- A note on variance estimation for cluster-correlated data.Biometrics. 2000; 56: 218-219
- The current populations survey. Government Printing Office, Washington (DC)1963 (Technical Paper No. 7)
- Exploring the effect of depression on physical disability.Am J Public Health. 1999; 89: 1346-1352
- Prevalence and impact of arthritis by race and ethnicity—United States, 1989–1991.MMWR Morb Mort Wkly Rep. 1996; 45: 373-378
- Arthritis prevalence and activity limitations in older adults.Arthritis Rheum. 2001; 44: 212-221
- Differentials in active life expectancy in the older population of the United States.J Gerontol B Psychol Sci Soc Sci. 1996; 51: S111-S120
- Gender, race, and health.Gerontologist. 1994; 34: 24-35
- Cross-sectional and prospective relationships of interleukin-6 and C-reactive protein with physical performance in elderly persons.J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci. 2000; 55: M709-M715
- The black/white disability gap.J Gerontol B Psychol Sci Soc Sci. 2004; 59: S34-S43
- Chronic conditions that lead to functional limitation in the elderly.J Gerontol. 1994; 49: M28-M36
- Physical functioning over three years in knee osteoarthritis.Arthritis Rheum. 2003; 48: 3359-3370
- The continuing epidemics of obesity and diabetes in the United States.JAMA. 2001; 286: 1195-2000
- The effect of diabetes combined with stroke on disability, self-rated health, and mortality in older Mexican Americans.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2003; 84: 725-730
Supported in part by the National Institute for Arthritis and Musculoskeletal Diseases (grant no. P60-AR30692) and National Center for Medical Rehabilitation Research (grant no. P24 HD39627), National Institutes of Health.
No commercial party having a direct financial interest in the results of the research supporting this article has or will confer a benefit upon the author(s) or upon any organization with which the author(s) is/are associated.