Main outcome measures
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- ACSM’s guidelines for exercise testing and prescription.6th ed. Williams & Wilkins, Philadelphia2000
- Physiologic response to recumbent versus upright cycle ergometry, implications for exercise prescription in patients with coronary arteries disease.Am J Cardiol. 1992; 69: 40-44
- Cardiovascular responses during upright and semirecumbent cycle ergometry testing.Med Sci Sport Exerc. 1989; 21: 581-585
- Physical responses of cardiac patients to supine, recumbent, and upright cycle ergometry.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 1995; 76: 257-261
- Exercise physiology. System of energy delivery and utilization.in: 4th ed. Williams & Wilkins, Philadelphia1996: 296-312
- [Cardiopulmonary response during supine and sitting bicycle exercise].Jpn J Phys Fitness Med. 1995; 44 ([Japanese]): 105-112
- [Adaptation to a cycle ergometer exercise of patients with acute myocardial infarction undergoing phase I cardiac rehabilitation. Cardiovascular responses and autonomic nervous activities during low-intensity exercise].J Jpn Assoc Cardiac Rehabil. 2002; 7 ([Japanese]): 104-108
- Adaptation process to a low-intensity exercise with cycle ergometer by patients with acute myocardial infarction undergoing phase I cardiac rehabilitation.Circ J. 2004; 68: 938-945
- Predischarge early exercise therapy in patients with acute myocardial infarction on the basis of anaerobic threshold (AT).Jpn Circ J. 1990; 54: 1419-1425
- The effects of posture on the metabolic and ventilatory response to low level steady state exercise.Clin Sci. 1986; 71: 553-558
- Cardiovascular and pulmonary responses to exercise.in: Ellestad M. Selvester R. Mishkin F. James F. Stress testing. 5th ed. Oxford Univ Pr, New York2003: 11-41
- Estimating exercise stroke volume from asymptomatic oxygen pulse in humans.J Appl Physiol. 1996; 81: 2674-2679
- Exercise testing and interpretation.Lea & Febiger, Philadelphia1987
- Position as a variable for cardiovascular responses during exercise.Clin Cardiol. 1987; 10: 137-142
- Submaximal responses to upright, recumbent and supine bicycle ergometer exercise [abstract].Med Sci Sport Exerc. 1990; 22: S12
- Cardiopulmonary responses at various angles of cycle backrest inclination.J Jpn Phys Ther Assoc. 1999; 2: 31-36
- American College of Sports Medicine. ACSM resource manual for the guidelines for exercise testing and prescription.4th ed. Williams & Wilkins, Philadelphia2001
- Energy and thermal regulation during bed rest and spaceflight.J Appl Physiol. 1989; 67: 507-516
- Effect of 20 days bed rest upon peripheral capillary filtration rate, venous compliance and blood flow in arms and legs.Acta Physiol Scand. 1994; 616: 65-69
- Effects of diltiazem on cardiac function and regional blood flow at rest and during exercise in a conscious rat preparation of chronic heart failure.Circulation. 1985; 71: 1262-1270
- Reduced exercise tolerance in chronic heart failure and its relationship to neurohumoral factors.Eur Heart J. 1991; 12: 21-28
Supported in part by a grant-in-aid for scientific research (grant no. 15500383) from the Ministry of Education, Science, and Culture in Japan.
No commercial party having a direct financial interest in the results of the research supporting this article has or will confer a benefit upon the authors(s) or upon any organization with which the author(s) is/are associated.