Main outcome measures
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Perceived and measured levels of exertion of patients with chronic back pain exercising in a hydrotherapy pool.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2003; 84: 1319-1323
- The effect of aerobic training on rehabilitation outcomes after recent severe brain injury.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2001; 82: 174-182
- Guidelines for graded exercise testing and training. 5th ed. Lea & Febiger, Philadelphia1995
- Quantification of intensity of sensations during muscular work by normal subjects.J Appl Physiol. 1996; 81: 1156-1161
- Subjective symptomatology during work and fatigue.in: Simonson E. Weiser P. Psychological aspects and physiological correlates of work and fatigue. CC Thomas, Springfield1975: 336-405
- Psychophysiological interactions leading to increased effort, leg fatigue, and respiratory distress during prolonged strenuous bicycle riding.in: Borg G. Physical work and effort. Pergamon Pr, Oxford1977: 410-416
- Oxford Univ Pr, Oxford1997: 87-106 The measurement of sensation.
- Perceived exertion related to heart rate and blood lactate during arm and leg exercise.Eur J Appl Physiol. 1987; 65: 679-685
- Borg’s perceived exertion and pain scales. Human Kinetics, Champaign1998
- Perceived exertion as an indicator of somatic stress.Scand J Rehabil Med. 1970; 2: 92-98
- Univ Stockholm, Stockholm1976: 75 The determination of subjective intensities in verbal descriptions of symptoms. Reports from the Institute of Applied Psychology.
- A category scale with ratio properties for intermodal and interindividual comparisons.in: Geissler H. Petzold P. Psychophysical judgement and the process of perception. VEB Deutscher Verlag der Wissenschaften, Berlin1982: 25-34
- The increase of perceived exertion, aches and pain in the legs, heart rate and blood lactate during exercise on a bicycle ergometer.Eur J Appl Physiol Occup Physiol. 1985; 54: 343-349
- A psychometric study of meaning.J Soc Psychol. 1941; 13: 123-140
- Adverbs as multipliers.Psychol Rev. 1959; 66: 27-44
- Goal orientation and ratings of perceived exertion in graded exercise testing of adolescents.Percept Mot Skills. 2000; 90: 813-822
- Noninvasive estimation of maximal lactate steady state in trained cyclists.Med Sci Sport Exerc. 1999; 31: 742-746
- Effects of practice and preferred rate on perceived exertion, metabolic variables and movement control.Hum Mov Sci. 1999; 8: 137-153
- Report on low back pain. HMSO, London1994
- Allied Dunbar National Fitness Survey.SC, HEA, Northampton1992
- The short orientation memory concentration test. A study of its reliability and validity.Clin Rehabil. 1999; 13: 164-170
- Validation of a short Orientation-Memory-Concentration Test of cognitive impairment.Am J Psychiatry. 1983; 140: 734-739
- The Frenchay Aphasia Screening Test.Int Rehabil Med. 1986; 8: 166-170
- The Barthel ADL Index.Int Disabil Stud. 1988; 10: 61-63
- Oxford Univ Pr, Oxford1992: 170-171 Measurement in neurological rehabilitation.
- Measures of health-related quality of life and physical function.Clin Orthop. 2003; Aug: 90-105
- The effect of a perceptual cognitive task on the exercise performance.Clin Rehabil. 2003; 17: 535-539
- Statistical methods for assessing agreement between two methods of clinical measurement.Lancet. 1986; i: 307-310
Supported by the University of East London.
No commercial party having a direct financial interest in the results of the research supporting this article has or will confer a benefit on the author(s) or on any organization with which the author(s) is/are associated.