Main outcome measures
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Defining arthritis and measuring functional status in elders.Am J Public Health. 1990; 80: 945-949
- Women, men, and osteoarthritis.Arthritis Care Res. 1995; 8: 212-220
- Knee osteoarthritis and high-heeled shoes.Lancet. 1998; 351: 1399-1401
- Interaction between active and passive knee stabilizers during level walking.J Orthop Res. 1991; 9: 113-119
- Knee adduction moment, serum hyaluronan level, and disease severity in medial tibiofemoral osteoarthritis.Arthritis Rheum. 1998; 41: 1233-1240
- The mechanics of the knee joint in relation to normal walking.J Biomech. 1970; 3: 51-61
- Surgery of the knee.in: Sledge C.B. Ruddy S. Harris E.D. Kelley W.N. Arthritis surgery. WB Saunders, Philadelphia1994: 794-817
- The effect of varus stress on the moving rabbit knee joint.Clin Orthop. 1977; Nov–Dec: 313-318
- The biomechanics and motor control of human gait.2nd ed. Univ Waterloo Pr, Waterloo (ON)1991
- Gait analysis.Slack, Thorofare1992
- Experimental analysis of the quadriceps muscle force and patello-femoral joint reaction force for various activities.Acta Orthop Scand. 1972; 43: 126-137
- Women’s shoes and knee osteoarthritis.Lancet. 2001; 357 ([letter]): 1097-1098
Your podiatric physician talks about women’s feet. Information from the American Podiatric Medical Association. Available at: http://www.apma.org/topics/womens.htm. Accessed September 27, 2004.
- Lower extremity mechanics and energy cost of walking in high-heeled shoes.J Orthop Sports Phys Ther. 1994; 19: 190-196
- Repeatability of kinematic, kinetic, and electromyographic data in normal adult gait.J Orthop Res. 1989; 7: 849-860
- Biomechanics and motor control of human movement.2nd ed. John Wiley & Sons, New York1990
- Gait analysis. An essential tool in the treatment of cerebral palsy.Clin Orthop. 1993; May: 126-134
- An illustration of clinical gait laboratory use to improve rehabilitation management.Am J Phys Med Rehabil. 1994; 73: 421-427
- Kinetics of human locomotion.in: Rose J. Gamble J.G. Human walking. 2nd ed. Williams & Wilkins, Baltimore1994: 73-99
- Forefoot deformity, pain, and mobility in rheumatoid and nonarthritic subjects.J Rheumatol. 1998; 25: 1681-1686
- Knee joint torques.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2000; 81: 1162-1165
- Measurement of lower extremity kinematics during level walking.J Orthop Res. 1990; 8: 383-392
- Clinical evaluation of the treatment of osteoarthritic knees using a newly designed wedged insole.Clin Orthop. 1987; Aug: 181-187
- The mechanics of treatment of the osteoarthritic knee with a wedged insole.Clin Orthop. 1987; Feb: 162-172
- Effectiveness of a lateral-wedge insole on knee varus torque in patients with medial knee osteoarthritis.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2002; 83: 889-893
- Effects of lateral-wedged insoles on kinetics at the knee.Clin Orthop. 2000; Jun: 185-192
- Predicting peak kinematic and kinetic parameters from gait speed.Gait Posture. 2003; 17: 106-112
- Men’s shoes and knee joint torques relevant to the development and progression of knee osteoarthritis.J Rheumatol. 2003; 30: 529-533
Supported by the Ellison Foundation and by the Public Health Service (grant no. NIH HD01351).
No party having a direct interest in the results of the research supporting this article has or will confer a benefit on the author(s) or on any organization with which the author(s) is/are associated.