- Cerebral palsy.in: 3rd ed. Pediatric rehabilitation. Hanley & Belfus, Philadelphia1999: 193-217
- Pharmacotherapy of spasticity: oral medications and intrathecal baclofen.J Child Neurol. 2001; 16: 31-36
- Evaluation of spasticity and its effect on motor function.in: The practical management of spasticity in children and adults. Lea & Febiger, Malvern (PA)1990: 70-96
- Intrathecal baclofen for management of spastic cerebral palsy: multicenter trial.J Child Neurol. 2000; 15: 71-77
- Intrathecal baclofen for spasticity in cerebral palsy.JAMA. 1991; 265: 1418-1422
- Baclofen in the treatment of cerebral palsy.J Child Neurol. 1996; 11: 77-83
- Intrathecal baclofen alleviates spinal cord spasticity.Lancet. 1984; 1 ([letter]): 1078
- Intrathecal baclofen for spasticity of spinal origin: seven years of experience.J Neurosurg. 1992; 77: 236-240
- Continuous intrathecal baclofen infusion for spasticity of cerebral origin.JAMA. 1993; 270: 2475-2477
- Baclofen infusion for spastic cerebral palsy.Clin Neurosurg. 2000; 47: 440-457
- Systat 10: statistics I.SPSS, Chicago2000
- Cerebral palsy.Pediatr Rev. 1995; 16: 411-418
- Continuously infused intrathecal baclofen over 12 months for spastic hypertonia in adolescents and adults with cerebral palsy.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2001; 82: 155-161
- Intrathecal baclofen therapy for severe spasticity.http://www.medtronic.com/neuro/itb(Available at:, Accessed)Date: May20 2002
- Intrathecal baclofen pump use for spasticity: a clinical survey.Am J Phys Med Rehabil. 2000; 79: 536-541
- Catheter systems for intrathecal drug delivery.J Neurosurg. 1995; 83: 215-217
- Complications of intrathecal baclofen delivery.J Neurosurg. 1992; 6: 115-118
- Effect of intrathecal baclofen delivered by an implanted programmable pump on health related quality of life in patients with severe spasticity.J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 1997; 63: 204-209
- Intrathecally administered baclofen for treatment of children with spasticity of cerebral origin.J Neurosurg. 1997; 87: 409-414
- Intrathecal baclofen: does it cause tolerance?.Paraplegia. 1993; 31: 516-520
- Evidence of the effect of intrathecal baclofen for spastic and dystonic cerebral palsy.Dev Med Child Neurol. 2000; 42: 634-645
- Baclofen withdrawal presenting as multiorgan system failure.Anesth Analg. 1998; 87: 562-563
- Symptoms of recurrent intrathecal baclofen withdrawal resulting from drug delivery failure.Am J Phys Med Rehabil. 1999; 78: 272-277
- Intrathecal baclofen withdrawal simulating neuroleptic malignant syndrome in a child with cerebral palsy.Dev Med Child Neurol. 2000; 42: 561-565
- Hyperthermia, rhabdomyolysis, and disseminated intravascular coagulation associated with baclofen pump catheter failure.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 1998; 79: 353-356
- Death after acute withdrawal of intrathecal baclofen: case report and literature review.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 1999; 80: 1600-1604
- Abrupt withdrawal from intrathecal baclofen: recognition and management of a potentially life-threatening syndrome.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2002; 83: 735-741
- Intrathecal baclofen infusion and subsequent orthopedic surgery in patients with spastic cerebral palsy.J Neurosurg. 1998; 88: 1009-1013
- Intrathecal baclofen and spasticity: what do we know and what do we need to know?.Dev Med Child Neurol. 1992; 34: 739-745
☆Supported in part by the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (grant no. P20HS11825-01).
☆☆No commercial party having a direct financial interest in the results of the research supporting this article has or will confer a benefit upon the authors or upon any organization with which the authors are associated.
♢a. SPSS Inc, 233 S Wacker Dr, 11th Fl, Chicago, IL 60606.
♢♢b. Medtronic Inc, 710 Medtronic Pkwy, Minneapolis, MN 55432-5604.