Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Functional ACL bracing a survey of current opinion and practice.Am J Orthop. 1995; 24: 838-843
- Knee bracing after ACL reconstruction.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2001; 82: 709-710
- Anterior cruciate ligament functional brace use in sports.Am J Sports Med. 1996; 24: 539-546
- Effects of knee bracing on the functional performance of patients with anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2001; 82: 282-285
- Use of knee braces in sports.Sports Med. 1995; 20: 281-301
- Functional knee braces and dynamic performance: a review.Clin J Sports Med. 1997; 7: 32-39
- The effects of functional knee bracing on muscle function and performance.Sports Med. 1999; 28: 77-81
- Leg muscle performance of athletes with and without knee support braces.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 1982; 63: 32-39
- The effect of prophylactic knee bracing on performance.Med Sci Sports Exerc. 1989; 21: 254-257
- Knee strength deficits after hamstring tendon and patellar tendon anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction.Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2000; 32: 1472-1479
- Knee flexor and extensor strength during concentric and eccentric muscle actions after anterior cruciate ligaments reconstruction using the semitendinosus tendon and ligament augmentation device.Am J Sports Med. 1993; 21: 285-291
- Prospective evaluation of arthroscopically assisted anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction. Patellar tendon versus semitendinosus and gracilis tendons.Am J Sports Med. 1991; 19: 478-484
- Hamstring control and the unstable anterior cruciate ligament-deficient knee.Am J Sports Med. 1985; 13: 34-39
- Electromyography and biomechanics of a dynamic knee brace for anterior cruciate ligament deficiency.Orthopedics. 1995; 18: 1101-1107
- Accelerated rehabilitation after anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction.Am J Sports Med. 1990; 18: 292-299
- The ACL deficient knee.in: Am Acad Orthop Surg, Rosemont (IL)1994: 110-116
- Quality of life assessment as an outcome in anterior cruciate ligament reconstructive surgery.in: The anterior cruciate ligament: current and future concepts. Raven Pr, New York1993: 439-444
- Validation of the quality of life outcome measure (questionnaire) for chronic anterior cruciate ligament deficiency.Am J Sports Med. 1998; 26: 350-359
- The effects of a supportive knee brace on leg performance in healthy subjects.Int J Sports Med. 1991; 12: 577-580
- The influence of functional knee bracing on the anterior cruciate ligament strain biomechanics in weightbearing and nonweightbearing knees.Am J Sports Med. 2000; 28: 815-824
- Knee bracing following ACL reconstruction: effects on postural control and proprioception.Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2001; 33: 1253-1258
☆No commercial party having a direct financial interest in the results of the research supporting this article has or will confer a benefit upon the authors or upon any organization with which the authors are associated.
☆☆Reprint requests to Trevor B. Birmingham, PhD, Elborn College, School of Physical Therapy, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Western Ontario, London, Ont N6G 1H1, Canada, e-mail: [email protected] .
★★a. DonJoy Defiance; dj Orthopedics LLC, 2985 Scott St, Vista, CA 92083-8339.
♢b. KinCom 500-H; Chattecx Corp, 4717 Hixson Rd, PO Box 489, Hixson, TN 34343.
♢♢c. StatSoft Inc, 2300 E 14th St, Tulsa, OK 74104.