Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Conservative treatment of chronic low back pain. A systematic mega-review of 80 randomized clinical trials of 14 interventions.Spine. 1996; 1: 245-286
- Exercises: which ones are worth trying, for which patients, and when?.Spine. 1996; 21: 2874-2878
- The role of activity in the therapeutic management of back pain. Report of the International Paris Task Force on Back Pain.Spine. 2000; 25: 1S-33S
- Program for increasing health and physical fitness of fire firefighters.J Occup Med. 1985; 27: 110-114
- A prospective study of the role of cardiovascular risk factors and fitness in industrial back pain complaints.Spine. 1989; 14: 141-147
- Avoidance and confrontation of painful, back-straining movements in chronic back pain patients.Behav Modification. 1998; 22: 62-77
- Fear-avoidance and its consequences in chronic musculoskeletal pain: a state of the art.Pain. 2000; 85: 317-332
- Body composition, endurance, strength, cross-sectional area, and density of MM erector spinae in men with and without low back pain.J Spinal Disord. 1993; 6: 114-123
- Functional restoration for spinal disorders. The sports medicine approach.Lea & Febiger, Philadelphia1988
- Instigators of activity intolerance.Manual Ther. 1997; 2: 75-86
- Physical fitness and chronic low back pain. An analysis of the relationship among fitness, functional limitations and depression.Clin Orthop. 1988;Aug; 233: 198-204
- Functional restoration with behavioral support. A one-year prospective study of patients with chronic low-back pain.Spine. 1989; 14: 157-161
- The effects of aerobic exercise after lumbar microdiscectomy.Spine. 1994; 19: 735-739
- Aerobic capacity among chronic low-back-pain patients.J Spinal Disord. 1991; 4: 34-38
- Aerobic fitness testing in patients with chronic low back pain: which test is best?.Spine. 2000; 25: 1704-1710
- Maximal oxygen intake and nomographic assessment of functional aerobic impairment in cardiovascular disease.Am Heart J. 1973; 85: 546-562
- Comparison of ischaemic and physiologic responses during exercise tests in men using the standard and modified Bruce protocols.Am J Cardiol. 1992; 69: 84-89
- An application of methods for monitoring the results of medical care.JAMA. 1989; 262: 925-930
- Accident Rehabilitation and Compensation Insurance Corp and the National Health Committee. New Zealand acute low back pain guide. ACC and National Health Committee, Wellington (NZ)1997
- Acute low back problems in adults. Clinical Practice Guideline No. 14.US Department of Health and Human Services, Public Health Service, Agency for Health Care Policy and Research, Rockville (MD)Dec 1994 (AHCPR Publ. No. 95-0643)
- ACSM's guidelines for exercise testing and prescription.4th ed. Williams & Wilkins, Baltimore1991
- The Vista Metabolic System.East Tennessee State Univ, Johnson City (TN)1995
- Self-report scales and procedures for assessing pain in adults.in: Handbook of pain assessment. Guilford Pr, New York1992: 135-151
- The measurement of clinical pain intensity: a comparison of six methods.Pain. 1986; 27: 117-126
- Measurement of pain: patient preference does not confound pain measurement.Pain. 1981; 10: 241-248
- Methodological problems in the measurement of pain: a comparison between the verbal rating scale and the visual analogue scale.Pain. 1975; : 1379-1384
- What is the maximum number of levels needed in pain intensity measurement?.Pain. 1994; 58: 387-392
- Maximal heart rate during work in older men.J Appl Physiol. 1959; 14: 562-566
- Experimental studies of physical work capacity in relation to sex and age.([dissertation]) Munkgaard, Copenhagen1952
- Maximal oxygen intake as an objective measure of cardiorespiratory performance.J Appl Physiol. 1955; 8: 73-80
- Textbook of work physiology, physiological bases of exercise.3rd ed. McGraw-Hill, New York1986
- Limitations to prediction of maximal oxygen uptake.J Appl Physiol. 1964; 19: 919-927
- Limitations to the prediction of maximum oxygen intake from cardiac frequency measurements.J Appl Physiol. 1968; 24: 700-706
- A Fear-Avoidance Beliefs Questionnaire (FABQ) and the role of fear-avoidance beliefs in chronic low back pain and disability.Pain. 1993; 52: 157-168
- Height increase, neuromuscular function, and back pain during 6 degrees head-down tilt with traction.Aviat Space Environ Med. 1997; 68: 24-29
- A pain rating scale and a pain behavior checklist for clinical use: development, norms, and the consistency score.Psychother Psychosom. 1993; 59: 41-49
- Disability exaggeration as a predictor of functional restoration outcomes for patients with chronic low-back pain.Spine. 1991; 16: 1062-1067
☆1Supported by the Saltonstall Fund for Pain Research (equipment).
☆2No commercial party having a direct financial interest in the results of the research supporting this article has or will confer a benefit upon the authors(s) or upon any organization with which the author(s) is/are associated.
☆5a. Landice 8700 LTD; Landice Inc, 111 Canfield Ave, Randolph, NJ 07869.
☆6b. Vista CRX metabolic system®; Vacumetrics Inc, 4538 Westinghouse St, Ventura, CA 93003.
☆7c. Access, Microsoft Office®, version 4.2; Microsoft Corp, One Microsoft Way, Redmond, WA 98052-6399.
☆8d. Stata Corp, 4905 Lakeway Dr, College Station, TX 77845.