Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Characteristics and predictors of falls in elderly patients.J Fam Pract. 1992; 34: 577-581
- Sensori-motor function in older persons with diabetes.Diabetic Med. 1993; 10: 614-618
- Aging, physical activity and sports injuries. An overview of common sports injuries in the elderly.Sports Med. 1995; 20: 41-52
- national health promotion and disease prevention objectives.US Dept of Health and Human Services, Public Health Service, Washington (DC)1991
- Reducing frailty and falls in older persons: an investigation of Tai Chi and computerized balance training. Atlanta FICSIT Group. Frailty and Injuries: Cooperative Studies of Intervention Techniques.J Am Geriatr Soc. 1996; 44 (Comment in: J Am Geriatr Soc 1996;44:599-600): 489-497
- Balance and strength training in older adults: intervention gains and Tai Chi maintenance.J Am Geriatr Soc. 1996; 44 (Comment in: J Am Geriatr Soc 1996;44:599-600): 498-506
- Anticipatory postural adjustment and Tai Chi Ch'uan.Biomed Sci Instrum. 1997; 33: 65-70
- Self-report benefits of Tai Chi practice by older adults.J Gerontol B Psychol Sci Soc Sci. 1997; 52: 242-246
- The effect of Tai Chi Chuan training on balance, kinesthetic sense, and strength.Percept Mot Skills. 1997; 84: 27-33
- T'ai chi and postural control in the well elderly.Am J Occup Ther. 1992; 46: 295-300
- Histochemical and biochemical changes in human skeletal muscle with age in sedentary males, age 22-65 years.Acta Physiol Scand. 1978; 103: 31-39
- Changes in postural muscle dynamics as a function of age.J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci. 1999; 54: B352-B357
- Motor-unit discharge rates in maximal voluntary contractions of three human muscles.J Neurophysiol. 1983; 329: 1380-1392
- Power output of fast and slow fibers from skeletal muscles.in: Human muscle power. Human Kinetics, Champaign (IL)1986: 61-94
- Adaptive responses to muscle lengthening and shortening in humans.J Appl Physiol. 1996; 80: 765-772
- Effect of activities of daily living on fiber type atrophy of the vastus lateralis muscle in patients with joint disorders.Am J Phys Med Rehabil. 1998; 77: 122-127
- Leg extensor power and functional performance in very old men and women.Clin Sci (Lond). 1992; 82: 321-327
- Greater cross education following training with muscle lengthening than shortening.Med Sci Sports Exerc. 1997; 29: 107-112
- 12-month Tai Chi training in the elderly: its effect on health fitness.Med Sci Sports Exerc. 1998; 30: 345-351
- Tai Chi Chuan to improve muscular strength and endurance in elderly individuals: a pilot study.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2000; 81: 604-607
- A prospective study of postural balance and risk of falling in an ambulatory and independent elderly population.J Gerontol. 1994; 49: M72-M84
- Obstacle course performance and risk of falling in community-dwelling elderly persons.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 1998; 79: 1570-1576
- Risk factors for recurrent falls in the elderly in long-term institutional care.Public Health. 1995; 109: 57-65
- Postural stability and associated physiological factors in a population of aged persons.J Gerontol. 1991; 46: M99-M176
- The influence of aging on muscle strength and muscle fiber characteristics with special reference to eccentric strength.J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci. 1995; 50: B399-B406
- Maximal power across the life span.J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci. 2000; 55 (Comment in: J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 2000;55:M309-10): M311-M316
- Risk for falls in the elderly. [Role of activities of daily living and of the subjective assessment of health status. A case-control study].Recenti Prog Med. 1996; 87 ([Italian]): 405-411
- Physical activity, functional limitations, and the risk of fall-related fractures in community-dwelling elderly.Ann Epidemiol. 1997; 7: 54-61
- Epidemiology of falls among the elderly community dwellers in Singapore.Singapore Med J. 1997; 38: 427-431
- Predictors of fall-related injuries among community-dwelling elderly people with dementia.Age Ageing. 1996; 25: 22-28
☆Supported by the National Institute of Aging, National Institute of Health (grant no. 1R29AG11602).
☆☆No commercial party having a direct financial interest in the results of the research supporting this article has or will confer a benefit upon the author(s) or upon any organization with which the author(s) is/are associated.
♢a. Biodex Medical Systems Inc, 20 Ramsay Rd, Shirley, NY 11967-0702.