Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Causes of death during the first 12 years after spinal cord injury.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 1993; 74: 248-254
- Respiratory aspects of spinal cord injury management.Paraplegia. 1987; 25: 262-266
- Respiratory rehabilitation of the patient with spinal cord injury.in: Cardiopulmonary physical therapy. Mosby, St. Louis (MO)1990: 579-603
- Ventilatory muscle strength and endurance training.J Appl Physiol. 1976; 41: 508-516
- A model of treatment of impaired ventilatory function in tetraplegic patients.Scand J Rehabil Med. 1971; 3: 167-177
- Ventilatory dysfunction and respiratory rehabilitation in post-traumatic quadriplegia.Eur J Respir Dis. 1980; 61: 347-356
- The effect of training on strength and endurance of the diaphragm in quadriplegia.Am J Med. 1980; 68: 27-35
- Ventilatory muscle training in acute quadriplegia.Physiother Can. 1986; 38: 145-149
- Ventilatory muscle endurance training in quadriplegia: effects on breathing pattern.Paraplegia. 1989; 27: 329-339
- Resistive inspiratory muscle training in subjects with chronic cervical spinal cord injury.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 1998; 79: 293-297
- Effect of respiratory training with a mouth-nose-mask in tetraplegics.Paraplegia. 1991; 29: 113-119
- A comparison of two breathing exercise programs for patients with quadriplegia.Phys Ther. 1992; 72: 763-769
- Standardization of spirometry: 1994 update.Am Rev Respir Dis. 1995; 152: 1107-1136
- Maximal respiratory pressures: normal values and relationship to age and sex.Am Rev Respir Dis. 1969; 99: 696-720
- Perceived exertion as an indicator of somatic stress.Scand J Rehabil Med. 1970; 2: 92-98
- Respiratory muscle function, assessment and training.Phys Ther. 1981; 61: 1711-1723
- Ventilatory function in tetraplegic patients.Scand J Rehabil Med. 1971; 3: 151-160
- Breathing pattern adjustments during the first year following cervical spinal cord injury.Paraplegia. 1992; 30: 479-488
- Pulmonary function in acute cervical cord injury.Am Rev Respir Dis. 1981; 124: 41-44
- Breathing pattern in chronic quadriplegia.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 1990; 71: 495-499
- Pulmonary function following cervical cord injury.J Rehabil Med Assoc. 1995; 23: 37-43
- The effect of exercise training on pulmonary function in persons with quadriplegia.Paraplegia. 1994; 32: 435-441
- Rehabilitation of the patients with respiratory dysfunction.in: 3rd ed. Rehabilitation medicine: principles and practice. Lippincott-Raven, Philadelphia1998: 1359-1383
- Measuring ventilatory muscle endurance in humans as sustainable inspiratory pressure.J Appl Physiol. 1982; 52: 768-772
- Inspiratory muscle conditioning using a threshold loading device.Chest. 1985; 87: 62-66
- Measurement of inspiratory muscle performance with incremental threshold loading.Am Rev Respir Dis. 1987; 135: 919-923
- Comparison of two-minute incremental threshold loading and maximal loading as measures of respiratory muscle endurance.Chest. 1989; 96: 557-563
- The effect of breathing frequency on inspiratory muscle endurance during incremental threshold loading.Chest. 1989; 96: 85-88
☆No commercial party having a direct financial interest in the results of the research supporting this article has or will confer a benefit upon the authors or upon any organization with which the authors are associated.
☆☆Reprint requests to Meng-Chih Lin, MD, Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, 199 Tung Hwa North Road, Taipei, Taiwan.
★★a. Diemolding Healthcare Division, Canastota, NY 13032.
♢b. SensorMedics 280D; SensorMedics Corporation, 1630 S State College Blvd, Anaheim, CA 92806.
♢♢c. Micro Medical Limited, PO Box 6, Rochester, Kent, ME1 2AZ, England.
♦d. SPSS, Inc., 444 N Michigan Ave, Chicago, IL 60611.