Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- The major determinants in normal and pathological gait.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 1953; 35: 543-558
- The effect of pelvic list on the vertical displacement of the trunk during normal walking.Gait Posture. 1997; 5: 233-238
- The influence of stance-phase knee flexion on the vertical displacement of the trunk during normal walking.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 1999; 80: 26-32
- Measured versus predicted vertical displacement of the sacrum during gait as a tool to measure biomechanical gait performance.Am J Phys Med Rehabil. 1995; 74: 3-8
- Gait analysis: normal and pathological function.Slack Inc, Thorofare (NJ)1992
- Energy expenditure during ambulation.in: 1st ed. Physiological basis of rehabilitation medicine. Saunders, Philadelphia1971: 185-198
- Human walking.Williams & Wilkins, Baltimore1981
- Muscles, reflexes and locomotion.Princeton University Press, Princeton (NJ)1984
- Gait analysis: diagnosis and management.in: 4th ed. Krusen's handbook of physical medicine and rehabilitation. Saunders, Philadelphia1990: 108-125
- Human locomotion.in: 2nd ed. Human walking. Williams & Wilkins, Baltimore1994: 1-22
- Energetics of walking.in: 2nd ed. Human walking. Williams & Wilkins, Baltimore1994: 45-72
- Energy expenditure during ambulation.in: 2nd ed. The physiologic basis of rehabilitation medicine. Butterworth-Heinemann, Stoneham (MA)1994: 413-446
- Gait analysis: an introduction.Butterworth-Heinemann, Oxford1996
- Kinematics and kinetics of gait.in: Physical medicine and rehabilitation. W. B. Saunders, Philadelphia1996: 83-103
- Gait analysis.in: 3rd ed. Rehabilitation medicine principles and practice. Lippincott-Raven, Philadelphia1998: 167-187
- Functionally oriented and clinically feasible quantitative gait analysis method.Med Biol Eng Comput. 1998; 36: 179-185
- Comparison of three methods for estimating vertical displacement of center of mass during level walking in patients.Gait Posture. 1996; 4: 306-314
- The vertical displacement of the center of mass during walking: a comparison of four measurement methods.J Biomech Eng. 1998; 120: 133-139
- Contralateral shoe-lift: effect on oxygen cost of walking with an immobilized knee.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 1996; 77: 670-672
- Gait analysis: clinical application.in: 2nd ed. Human walking. Williams & Wilkins, Baltimore1994: 139-164
- External work in walking.J Appl Physiol. 1963; 181: 1-9
- Mechanics of walking.J Appl Physiol. 1966; 21: 271-278
- A tool to assess biomechanical gait efficiency; a preliminary clinical study.Am J Phys Med Rehabil. 1996; 75: 3-8
☆Supported in part by Public Health Service grant NIH HD01071-05 and by the Ellison Foundation.
☆☆No commercial party having a direct financial interest in the results of the research supporting this article has or will confer a benefit upon the authors or upon any organization with which the authors are associated.
★Reprint requests to D. Casey Kerrigan, MD, MS, Harvard Medical School Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital, 125 Nashua Street, Boston, MA 02114.