Main Outcome Measures
List of abbreviations:GCS (Glasgow Coma Scale), IGC (individual growth curve), LOS (length of stay), SCI (spinal cord injury), TBI (traumatic brain injury), TFC (time to follow commands)
- The effects of increased rehabilitation therapy after brain injury: results of a prospective controlled trial.Clin Rehabil. 2001; 15: 501-514
- Extra physical therapy reduces patient length of stay and improves functional outcomes and quality of life in people with acute or subacute conditions: a systematic review.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2011; 92: 1490-1500
- Patterns of therapy activities across length of stay and impairment levels: peering inside the black box of inpatient stroke rehabilitation.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2004; 85: 1901-1908
- An introduction to applying individual growth curve models to evaluate change in rehabilitation: a National Institute on Disability and Rehabilitation Research Traumatic Brain Injury Model Systems report.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2013; 94: 589-596
- Descriptive modeling of longitudinal outcome measures in traumatic brain injury: a National Institute on Disability and Rehabilitation Research Traumatic Brain Injury Model Systems study.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2013; 94: 579-588
- Modelling early recovery patterns after paediatric traumatic brain injury.Arch Dis Child. 2010; 95: 266-270
- Using individual growth curve models to predict recovery and activities of daily living after spinal cord injury: an SCIRehab project study.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2013; 94: S154-S164.e1-e4
National Data and Statistical Center. Traumatic Brain Injury Model Systems. Available at: http://www.tbindsc.org. Accessed May 1, 2014.
- Uniform data set for medical rehabilitation.Research Foundation, State Univ of New York, Buffalo1987
- The structure and stability of the Functional Independence Measure.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 1994; 75: 127-132
- Prediction of rehabilitation outcomes with disability measures.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 1994; 75: 133-143
- Relationships between impairment and physical disability as measured by the functional independence measure.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 1993; 74: 566-573
- Hierarchical linear models.2nd ed. Sage, Thousand Oaks2002
- Impact of age on long-term recovery from traumatic brain injury.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2008; 89: 896-903
- Influence of sex and age on inpatient rehabilitation outcomes among older adults with traumatic brain injury.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2010; 91: 43-50
Supported by the Department of Education, National Institute on Disability and Rehabilitation Research (grant no. H133A070040 ); Danish Nursing Organization ; and Novo Nordisk Foundation for Nursing Research .
Content of this article does not necessarily represent the policy of the Department of Education, and you should not assume endorsement by the Federal Government.